How to hard boil eggs so the shell comes off easily.
Sex & Intimacy / 10:15 PM - Monday July 26, 2010

I like my eggs boiled as little as possible, but the longer I boil them, it seems the easier it is to get the shell to peel off. Is there a sure fire way to get the shell off?

This is an easy one. You put the eggs in COLD water to begin with. And, you start cooking them, with water cold, never warmed up. Then you cook as long as you want (I usually wait until I see a slight crash somewhere on one egg) then take the pan and put them under the cold water faucet and run it for about three or four minutes. Let them cool to room temperature. Then peel. The shell falls off.

It it the beginning cold water that is the real secret here, but if you do not want to gamble at all ever, then start with cold and end with cold, and it is fool proof.

cook as you like and then set the pot under the tap running cool water for a moment. It cause a film of condensation to form inside the shell and then you can just peel. Or take a butter knife and make a quick hit to the side and break it in half and spoon each side out easily.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

try using eggs that are at least a week old. Eggs that are older are still high quality both in nutrition and taste, but some of the water evaporates out through the shell, increasing the space between the egg contents and the shell protecting it, so they're easier to peel.

- Response by 23rosess, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

Boil your eggs, then once they are done, take a small needle and peirce the top of the shell just through the shell, put in a pot of cold water and peel and it will come off all in one clean easy peice and you won't have egg stuck to the shell... it won't be pock marked because the egg whites stuck to the shell either and if you are doing a meal presentation you can have very nice looking eggs for a great show before you eat... bonne apetit....

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

23rosess is correct - older less "fresh" eggs shells are more lose from the insides. Fresh eggs tend to stick to the shell. I have also recently began to cook my egg in the following way. Add egg to cold water. Put on heat and wait to boil. As soon as water boils, take off heat and leave the egg in the hot water for 10 Minutes (hard egg, no runny yolk; adjust time for softer eggs). Run cold water over eggs to stop heat. This way the eggs never crack and thus stops you ending up with broken eggs filling the pot.

- Response by boomslang, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Pretoria, Consulting

I like soft boiled eggs myself. Three minute eggs, but you have to start with older eggs. Boil for Three minute and pour the water off of them and replace it with cold water and ice to stop the cooking action.

- Response by dambreaker, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Retired

How in the heck did this end up in sex & intimacy, and not diet & health or recipes & entertainment.. Modirators how is moderating the questions.

- Response by media, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Norfolk, Other Profession

Add a couple of splashes of white vinager to the water when you make hard boiled eggs,....helps to peel easy.

- Response by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?