Have you ever masturbated with an electric toothbrush?
Sex & Intimacy / 12:50 PM - Thursday July 22, 2010

I did this a lot during my high school years, but recently I ditched the brush because I heard that this stimulation can desensitize the clitoris. I realized that it's been harder for me to reach orgasm ever since I started using the toothbrush, because the orgasms that came from this were so intense that its hard to reach that again. I am wondering if anyone knows about if my sensitivity will revamp itself ever, and I want to spread the word to other girls to NOT do this!!

It's could be de-sensitization but it's more likely the result of physical conditioning. Your body has a memory...muscles have memory. They get conditioned to certain repetitive motions and stimulation. It's why some behaviors involved in sexual stimulation are escalating. It takes more and more stimulation to get the same reaction in the brain. And contrary to popular belief even though there are more nerve endings in the clitoris than any other part of the body...these nerve endings can be damaged. What would make people think they can't be? If nerve damage can occur to the nipples it certainly can happen with the clitoris as well. It happens to the glans of the penis as well.
Conditioning orgasm with a vibrator can cause an inability to orgasm with more simple stimulation of the clitoris during intercourse as well.
You can undo conditioning...by long periods of abstinence and use of alternative forms of lesser stimulation across time. you have to retrain the body/mind connection and conditioned response.

- Response by joybird, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You can't desensitize the clitoris unless you damage nerve ending. That would be hard to do unless you were really into it, seriously..held in your hand where you control the pressure, it's not going to cause any physical change. Psychologically, the novelty and the intense stimulation of something new might seem close to "desensitization". Use soft bristles only. I'm sure if you were to offer the used attachments for sale on ebay, you could fund the new ones.

In many ways men have an easier time of it sexually than women. This seems to have been somehow compensated for by the universe giving women a greater variety of ways to get themselves off.

- Response by april4eliot, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, San Francisco, Self-Employed

yeah it will cum back..lol..its just the same as getting to used to a vibe or something,your clit becomes less sensitive..I wouldnt ditch it all together though..just maybe dont use it 2 or 3 times a day..lol..;P

- Response by eagerbeaver, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

I don't even use electric toothbrushes on MY TEETH!

yes......and although the bristles DID chew up the 'ol willy a bit,

...I DO have to say that afterwords it was quite sparkly clean and very minty fresh.

- Response by nameacarl, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

no, i usually just masturbate with my hand.

Your query reflects on a question a lot of women ponder: Can you wear out your clitoris?

have you not heard of a VIBERATOR? and i hope you didn't use said toothbrush on your teeth afterwards.

It's amazing how God--or whoever the heck it was that created the universe--made man so he can enjoy sex only through the natural use of a woman but woman so she can't enjoy sex through the natural use of a man.

Instead, woman has resorted to electric toothbrushes, sump pumps, vacuum cleaners, Yamaha vibrators, dildos, cellphones, bananas--anything that provides moving friction she has rammed up her vagina for NOTHING. How in the hell is a woman sexually aroused to mate and produce children by NO MAN, since were there no orgasm and reason to mate, man and woman wouldn't have sex? Indeed, who this woman trying to keep up with: the man next door who's putting his member in every other woman and then telling her she doesn't measure up to the child-bearing seed he's wasted on her?????

No woman had need to do all this stupid abuse of herself for a needless orgasm before the eighteenth-century discovery of electricity. I've been tracing my family genealogy since last October. Our ancestors produced fifteen and sixteen children, mostly by one spouse, such as in the cases of my great-grandmother both on my mother and father's sides; and that, during slavery! Fifteen and sixteen children by the SAME husband, and all sixteen children grew up, married and had sixteen children. Got more sexual activity than most of us today will see in our lifetimes. Yet today, woman has three children and teaches them other than to be stupid and hurt themselves trying to keep up with the wrong people. Herein lies this post.

Instead of trying to be like your dumb friends at school inciting sexual desire in your body for an orgasm with NO fulfillment, wouldn't it have made better sense for you to have just WAITED for the right guy to come along that you wanted to mate and have children with? Because dear, unlike men whose genitalia is on the outside, that's why GOD designed woman the way she is with the clitoris and source of stimulation in--to keep all the WRONG men that don't stimulate her OUT of her!

- Response by thedaimler2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, 56-65, Atlanta, Self-Employed

Oops! Left out one word!

No woman had need to do all this stupid abuse of herself for a needless orgasm before the eighteenth-century discovery of electricity. I've been tracing my family genealogy since last October. Our ancestors produced fifteen and sixteen children, mostly by one spouse, such as in the cases of my great-grandmother both on my mother and father's sides; and that, during slavery! Fifteen and sixteen children by the SAME husband, and all sixteen children grew up, married and had sixteen children. Got more sexual activity than most of us today will see in our lifetimes. Yet today, woman has three children and teaches them NOTHING other than to be stupid and hurt themselves trying to keep up with the wrong people. Herein lies this post.