Why does my boyfriend constantly have dreams about me cheating on him?
Dating / 11:48 AM - Monday July 19, 2010

i am the most dedicated faithful person i know (and he knows it too) yet he still has these dreams, more than ever now. we've been together almost 4 years now and its the longest relationship weve both had, and the most serious. could it be because he is used to being hurt and not used to having someone love and care about him so much?

It sounds like he has a deep seated fear of loss.He could rid himself of this with a couple of sessions of therapy or he can try to work it out on his own.That would make me feel uncomfortable.

I think you may have figured this out already.
It seems a lot of the time, the hardest part of a relationship is the not tripping over the baggage from the last one.
Listen, understand, keep loving and caring about him and I'm sure he will be okay. If it's starting to interfer with his sleep or his perceptions of the relationship, then he may want to speak with someone who can help him work through his problems.
Best of luck.

- Response by falsehammer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Kansas City, Consulting

I don't know, of course. They could be doomsday dreams where that is the worst thing that could happen to him, or he could feel cheated in some area of his life and it has nothing to do with you per se.

maybe he's been cheating on in the past and those memories are in his mind.

- Response by le_gem735713, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Miami, Who Cares?

My hubby used to have the same dreams. It's probably trust issues or it could be that he's dreaming about someone esle's relationship. May be someone you know or he knows or you both know in common. Think about it.

- Response by lovelylady, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Miami, Self-Employed

He must cheat or think about cheating otherwise he would never even think about u doing it