So me and my step-cousin slept together and he hasn't talked to me since
Sex & Intimacy / 11:56 PM - Saturday July 17, 2010

It's the second time we've hooked up, the first time was in February and then recently we hooked up again. We're not close, we were friends when I was younger (he's 4 years younger than me) but then he moved and we haven't really talked since we were kids. After both times we hooked up, he didn't talk to me the next day. I spent 4th of July weekend with his family and he had plenty of opportunities to talk but he didn't. Did he not talk to me because he feels weird because we're kinda related or was I just a booty call? Any insight would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm not expecting anything from him it just kinda hurts being ingnored

If he liked you, he wouldn't be ignoring you afterwards. Even if he's shy, he'd still make some sort of attempt to be around you if he liked you at all. Keep your pants on from now on. How degrading to give the gift of yourself to someone who apparently doesn't even like you well enough to give you the time of day afterwards.

- Response by sunlady1120, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

Act like that and eventually more than likely no one will talk to you. Why don't you go tell all the rest of your family members what you did? Its not something to get to excited over and I think he just wants to call it what it was and step away.

It's a weird situation. You have to judge, based on his personality, if he was just using you or if he is embarrassed about it. If it is just a hook-up, you have to pull your feelings out of it and not be hurt. However, for the sake of your whole family, I'd go outside your family sex. Think about how awkward family picnics and Christmas would be if you ended up getting pregnant...

- Response by undecidedfuture1, A Creative, Female, 36-45

He's uncomfortable; that's why he is avoiding you.

If I were you, I'd not initiate anything with him anymore, as he feels embarrassed even if you don't. Let it die. Eventually, with no further contact in the future, he might start talking to you again, but don't initiate anything yourself.

I think the "strangeness" comes from the fact he's your younger cousin. Step cousin or not, he's still family.

Look, I'm not putting you down here. I'm just saying that I think you might be best off to talk to him, tell him you cherished what you shared and don't think less of him, but it's best if you two go back to being cousins.

Cheers,
TMCI

- Response by tmci, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Denver, Technical

Well I'm sure he is embarrassed and thinks ignoring you will not bring attention to the fact that you hooked up. Unfortunately this generally has an oposite affect as people become curious to why you aren't talking to each other. You might want to talk about this before hooking up again. also be careful, although you are not blood, families generally do not take thes e situations too lightly. My ex when I was younger got pregnant by her step brother and blaimed it on me. When her mother found out the truth it almost broke up her marriage and divided the family til this day almost 20 yrs later

- Response by bedrmbully1, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Boston, Managerial

He just thinks of u when he needs to get off more than likely

He's not ignoring you. He just doesn't feel there's anything to say right now. Women are different - they want to reach some closure after spending a night with a lover. Guys don't need to chit-chat.