Could you give a full-body nude massage without getting turned on?
Sex & Intimacy / 1:27 AM - Friday July 16, 2010

could you give a full-body nude massage without getting turned on?

My ex and I have only been broken up for about a month but most of that time we've been trying to work things out and see if we still have a future together. For the most part things have been going really well. Then this past week we planned on getting together just like any other normal night. As soon as I got to his place, however, it was like he flipped a switch. He was totally detached and emotionless. It was like I was hanging out with a friend, and not even a good one at that. I was trying to be flirty and playful but he would just not reciprocate. I suggested he give me a full body massage, cuz I had just worked a 14 hour day. He agreed without hesitation and so i got naked except for my panties and laid face down on the bed. He proceeded to give me one of the best massages he had ever given me (as we used to do this to each other pretty frequently). I was dumb founded that when he was done with the massage he just wanted to go to bed. He didn't even get hard during the process. I just don't understand the complete disconnect between the really good massage and lack of sexual desire. We've always had a good sex life so for this to happen was just off. I;m past the point of wanting any relationship advice, and so I'm sparing those details. I just want to know if there are other guys out there who could give a nearly naked girl a full body massage and not get somewhat aroused? If you can, why?

ok, well I think it is possible to give a naked girl a body massage wihtout getting an erection. giving a good massage is physically demanding and can require a great deal of concentration. sure, when I was 22-25 years old I suppose I didnt need a reason for any erection, they just happened thinking about sex every 20 seconds. however, changes in relationship status, a hard day, mental state etc all affect a man's desire to have sex. maybe he just wants to show you he can perform such an act without wanting to follow it up with sex. If he thinks your trying to seduce and manipulate his feelings and emotions and you young ladies are not beyond the ability to be any less self serving of your own interests at times than us guys are. I think its time to ask yourself the honest question about your motives that night while you are busy analyzing his. good luck, hope this honetsly helps. I am not trying to be a smart ass so dont read into the response. Its purely to make you think bfeore judging him. Sam

- Response by itsamanbaby, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Minneapolis, Executive

well, yes!
nudity is NOT necessarily sexual.
the Pro masseuses give nude massages ALL THE TIME. their job doesn't 'turn them on'.

- Response by discotrash, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession

oooooooooooooooooooo hell no

- Response by windyday, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Full body massage=very, very horny and uncontrollable desire to cure the horny!!

- Response by mrwondering11, A Creative, Male, Who Cares?, Portland, Managerial

no...unless I didn't find her sexy..and if I didn't find her sexy, what the hell am I giving her the massage? IJS

- Response by cracko14, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Men are different today. I could not give a woman a full body massage and not have it get sexual. I personally think men are f'd up these days because they are gamers, metro sexuals who've been raised by their mommies (70% of married women can who initiate divorce can be thanked for this course of events) I just don't get it either.

On another note, like most women you've left out the details of why you had a fight, a breakup. I mean it must be pretty serious or else how can a man give a woman a full body massage with only your panties on and he feels nothing. Come on - you're leaving something out.

- Response by ereculus, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Other Profession

Hell no... but then I am still young,won't be74 til monday

- Response by wallvis, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

if you are not turned on you do not get a hard on

that means either you didn't turn him on or he would not let himself get turned on (probably for the reasons that he has for being broken up with you)

it is very possible,

after a man has had a woman for a while, her body is no longer what turns us on, not for the most part, its the mind and actions

aloha

- Response by beautifulloser, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Executive

no if they are undressed and i am massaging them I am hard

Every time I've given a mostly naked woman a massage, there was sex going on by the end of it. Why would you separate the two. I'd rub your back for a while, but then I'd move down and the panties would come off.

However, having said that, there is not necessarily a connection between a massage and sex. I get a deep tissue massage every month, fully naked, and I do not get aroused at all. But, I don't want to bang her either. If he is really concentrating on the massage, then I guess maybe it would not arouse him.

- Response by endlesssearch, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Technical

This is kinda of odd! I suppose maybe he supressed any sexual thoughts while giving you a massage because he didn't want you to think there was anything more then friendship between the two of you and/or lead you on to think there was a chance to get back together. He is an ex, he could just be turned off now instead of on by you. Basically thought it was a good idea until he really thought about it and then backed off in the end but didn't want to be a complete ass and tell you no.

i'm sorry, a full body NUDE massage is for my fiancee ONLY. how can anyone give one withOUT getting turned on?