28 and single. Am I running out of time?
Dating / 8:53 PM - Thursday July 15, 2010

I am 28 yo and suddenly starting to feel like i am running out of time to get married and have children. i just ended a longterm relationship 6 months ago and i am now starting to feel the pinch of loneliness. Is it too late for me? Any advise is appreciated.

Well I'm 31 and just ended a 10 year relationship. We didn't have any kids and never married so the split was relatively easy, but the sting was a b*tch. I know how you feel, but 28 isn't old at all and lonliness is relative until you can fill that empty void. I wouldn't feel like you have to rush to do anything. Everyone's biological and social clock is different, I should know, I've been late with just about every major milestone in life. Just take it easy and focus on something else and things will fall into place. Like everything, that pinch you are talking about gets duller and duller until you wake up one day and it's gone. You'll be fine, don't worry.

- Response by adward, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Science / Engineering

Come on. Seriously. You're approaching the height of your adult life. There won't be a time when you're more in your prime. Late 20s/early 30s is the perfect time to have kids and be married, IMO. Don't jump on the bandwagon of women that pressure themselves into this "I have to get married by X age and have kids, or I'm not a woman" cycle.

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

Oh Gosh! People are first meeting and getting married in their 90's! True!

And, women are having babies with assistance, while in their 40's and 50's!

You have plenty of time. Time enough to make sure you have chosen the RIGHT one. Would you rather have gotten married and had children at age 25 and then gotten divorced, because you make the wrong decision?

Or, would you rather wait until you are 28-32 and met the man of your dreams that is also ready for a family and you move on from there - FOREVER!

Is there a schedule your following? Your still young and have plenty of time to look for the man of your quality. Take take time for yourself now. Since you ended a relationship. Think of all the things you want to do and have fun who knows you might just find someone thats compatible to you and likes the same things you like.

- Response by thewiselady2004, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

My sister was in the same position. She'd had one really long LTR, dated and then another that was a few years. She was giving up hope. Then she met Eric. They moved in together after six months of dating and got married a little over a year later. Now they have a 3 year old girl and a 4 month old son.

She was 28 when she met him. :-)

Honestly, you are better off. Lots of people who marry younger end up divorcing. You are mature enough and have had enough life experiences to know what you want ...and what you don't. NOW is the perfect time!

- Response by myndseye711, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35

I'm in a similar situation except I just turned 36 and I've felt exactly as you are now. Just be patient and try to have some fun, there's no need to get stressed out over this. I'm sure your a great person, and the great ones don't stay single long! Maybe go and reconnect with some old friends and just enjoy the single life for a while. Good Luck!

- Response by ezmoney, A Player, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

hey. i know what you mean. my oldest sister was married for eleven years and they just got a divorce and they have four kids together. shes 27 and got prego at 16 juse so she could get married and move out. now shes not dating and depressed and im stuck babysitting her kids all the time. my advice is to get out there and date dont become lonely and have a million cats like my sister lol. just try dating even online dont be sad your true match is out there waiting for you probibly feeling the same way.
so good luck=)

- Response by AJdreaming, A Thinker, Female, 18-21

tick tock. J/k I mean in reality the clock is ticking and if you're 28 and still don't enjoy life for what it is when it is, then you will miss out. Advice: think for just a second you are where you are supposed to be, and challenge yourself to find out why you are where you are. AKA make the most of what you've got.

- Response by kalicalendar16, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35

I hope not, what are you doing later?

- Response by A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

u got lots of time yet the general opinion around here is a females life doesnt go down hill till they reach 30 :)

I don't think you're in that big of a pinch. Most people are staying in school longer anyways, enjoy life and find a great guy!

- Response by rockerking, A Creative, Male, 26-28, Ottawa, Artist / Musician / Writer

It is never too late.Have confidence and keep an open mind.Some one will come into your life soon.

It's not too late. Women these days are having children in their early 40's, but that's a personal choice if you want kids that late in life.