We will decide in two weeks if you are selected for the second interview!
Career / 1:24 PM - Saturday July 10, 2010

At the end of the job interview, they told me they will let me now in two weeks if I was selected for a second interview. Is that a polite way of rejecting an applicant.

- Asked by spring151, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Actually no. Each of the better jobs I was applying for always told me at the end of the first interview that they would let me know if I was selected for the second interview. Some said if I would be selected for the 2nd interview they would call me by such and such a day. If not I was not selected. But each of my better jobs were won on the second interview. Though one put me through what i thought was a third interview but it was actually to offer the job in person. Good luck ;)

- Response by cinders717, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

no it jus means that they are interviewing a tone of people

- Response by mesmerized256, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

The "We'll call you in two weeks" line worked only ONE time for me in my LIFE: When I applied for a job on the first day the upstate company was opening a local branch office with work that began two weeks later with paid training. For all others, I got the "You are overqualified" lie followed by the rejection letter in the mail two days later.

Applicants seeking employment because they NEED income to eat on and are qualified to do the job have other things to do with their time than twiddle their thumbs waiting for some employer to spend two weeks deciding whether they want to feed him or not--and when they saw and knew on that first interview whether you fit their company IMAGE or not. That's what I found that lie to be about.

- Response by thedaimler2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, 56-65, Atlanta, Self-Employed

All the jobs I have ever got never started like that...

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Administrative

it maybe a polite way to are not qualified.

- Response by amandasboy, A Father Figure, Male, 66 or older, Atlanta, Retired

they are saying; we will try to find someone better, but if we can't we will call you. You need to keep looking

- Response by paul7313, A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

this happened to me and i got the job. so its 50/ 50 it could be they are gonna conduct background checks etc before calling you back or they have lots of people to interview and need to make a discussion on hiring people with other people in managment.

sometimes it is a polite way of rejecting someone,but it can also mean they are doing many interviews and need time to select the right person.

- Response by le_gem735713, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Miami, Who Cares?

i would like to know if its wise to ask them if i am selected for a job because i have another interview as well. tey have told me that the job would commence from june. I dont want to lose the job am waiting for and the ones i am going for. how do i ask them so i can have an idea .

- Response by basim007, A Player, Male, 29-35, Technical