I have been having sex with my grandfather, what problems would my baby have if i became pregnant?
Sex & Intimacy / 11:21 PM - Wednesday July 07, 2010

If I were to become pregnant by my biological grandfather, my mother's father, what problems do our children face? I really love him and I do not want to stop having sex with him so there is no way to talk me out of it. Any rudeness shall be ignored so do not bother saying anything unless you want to answer my question. Thanks.

WTF.. hold let me go back and reread your front headlines.. " i have been having sex with my grandfather... omg i did read, what i read... HOLY SHIT WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GIRL??? that's a big no,no.... you left me dumb founded and speachless... how old are you????

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

Buttscratcha? Buttscratchaaaa? Buttscratcha!

- Response by damnpoor, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

The genetics are quite close. Hard to say what complications could come from it but the risks would seem pretty great that the child would be affected in some uncertain way. Anything from mental retardation to physical deformities could be possible. While it can happen in unrelated partners, there is still a greater likelihood of it as a product of incest. Especially a direct bloodline such a this.

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Many genetic defects can occur when people start breeding within their family. It can affect areas of the brain and perhaps cause developmental delays in children, as well as a chance of physical impairments. I am not a doctor but you should find someone you can trust in the medical profession to discuss this. My father knew families that lived in an area of our local mountains that interbred. He said after a while they would have a hollow look to their eyes, that was similar in all of them. Even in animals, dogs thst are interbred too much have often physical deformities. But the best thing you can do is use protection or be on birth control. I am sorry that this ever started for you. You now are emotionally dependent on him in a very abnormal way. That is not only harmful to a potential fetus but to you life as a normal woman. I have a feeling that your grandfather started this when you were underage. And that means he has a deep psychological problem wanting sex not only with young girls but unable to control himself to the point he involves his own granddaughter in incest. Which society will always look down on. This is a stigma that you will have to live with the rest of your life. He will not be there forever. How will you tell your future husband that you willingly has sex or even a child with your grandfather. Worse how will you tell a child that his great grandfather is really his father? Get some counseling fast before this destroys your life.

- Response by cinders717, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

this is very difficult to answer without trying to persuade you to cease this relationship and seek counseling for it.

However, to answer the question that you are asking, the biggest problem would be that since you share many of the same genes that some recessive genes would be more likely to manifest themselves in your offspring. These recessive genes, when paired, might vary from creating a pale, green eyed redhead (like me) to producing a genetic abnormality or propensity to defect or disease. It would depend upon what the genetic make-up is as to what potential you have.

Again, trying just answer this question--I urge you to use every precaution against getting pregnant and, if you decide to do so, seek genetic counseling first.

I truly hope that you are over 18.

- Response by kdare, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Buffalo, Other Profession

This has got to be a joke post. If it's not I can call someone from the zoo to come pick you up if you'll give me an address. :P

Granddaddy is a sick pedophile and needs locked up!

- Response by moses715, A Career Man, Male, 56-65

if this post is true, sweety take the advice and imformation that cinders717 and kdare have given you... seriously looking at your age range now, your young.. so i couldn't imagine how old you were when this started, all i can say is my heart goes out to you...if this is true please seek some kind of help ... have you talked to your mother or anyone, does anyone else know?? please do not try any attempts to bring a child into this... there might come a day when you suddenly snap out of what your going thru, and always remember it is not your fault.. please seek some kind of help, reach out to someone before this gets anymore serious than what it is already, and that would be getting pregnant... google, talk do research.. before that time comes so you can prevent it.. trust your child will suffer, and you will to.. your grandfather is not getting any younger he will pass and you'll be left in this world by yourself and in a situation you will not be able top handle... so if this is true ... please do the right thing.

I guess perversion is hereditary

- Response by dick, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Construction

NOt being rude you want some one, anyone, to agree and approve

TROLL. Do you really have nothing better to do than write stupid shit on a Q&A site to get a rise out of people? So sad.

- Response by lizarella, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

You know if you are in need of money, this would make a GREAT reality show!

- Response by hrdmn10, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

It is your decision so enjoy it but get on birth control

So basically your grandfather is a pedophile and somehow has convinced you over the years that this is a normal loving relationship. I can't tell you how sick this is because you have been brainwashed to see it differently. In any case if you were to become pregnant your child would more then likely have some kind of genetic defect, disabled and/or mentally retarded. Although this may be an improvement seeing as what you are working with here!

(whipping out the BullShit Card)

physical or mental? because probably both

- Response by tartenon, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed