What is wrong with women?
Dating / 1:04 PM - Wednesday July 07, 2010

What is wrong with women?

Any more, it seems that women expect to be the ONLY thing in a man's life. It seems to me that, back in the day, women were more realistic. I mean, a woman expects to be able to keep her friends and have a life, but they don't seem to think we should. WTF?

Update: July 07, 2010.
A couple of ladies here have nailed this issue right on the head... "self confidence." Find some girls... and quit pretending this is an issue with men.

- Asked by eequalsmcsquared, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I had the opposite problem. Each person should be a well-rounded individual and have interests outside the relationship. It makes coming back together so much more intriguing. He had friends and a life before meeting her, and that should continue afterwards. Every guy needs a night out with friends, and she needs that also. Unfortunately each person can be jealous of this and thus limit activities. That is what happened to me in the past.

As a woman that is actually old enough to have a "back in the day" experience, I will tell you that 4 years here has taught me that young ladies lack the over all confidence level in themselves and their attractiveness that we oldsters "knew" we had at their age. We also had full lives, and a Friday night date and a phone call every other day was as much attention as we needed to know we were in a committed relationship.

My guy was into sports and played in 3 different leagues with 3 different sports! If I wanted him in my life, I knew that I came in behind his team-mates. That was the deal, I had my art and my work, he had his games.

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

I don't know what women you've been out with but everyone to their own autonomy.

- Response by heatherjune123, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, London, Who Cares?

they have to deal with men on a daily basis and deal with the propaganda that says they should be what society and men and the media say they should be. they don't get to have an identity or a personality that gives them the freedom or intelligence to be. it is really hard to be what society, men, and stupid people think you ought to be when you know better.

- Response by divadancer2, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Yes, that's how they are. They think men are just some "Ken" dolls that they can own for a while and then toss in the trash when they get bored with that one. Its all about her.

I must be odd; because I'd probably end up murdering my boyfriend if he expected my world to revolve around him. I like my friends, my job, my coworkers, and my own life; but I also like him and the life we have together. To me neither is mutually exclusive of the other. I'm saddened by the lack of self respect, confidence, and independence I see in women these days.

A girl who makes their entire life involve around a guy shows:
She has no life.
She has limited friends (if any)
She has no self esteem / confidence
She has NOTHING GOING FOR HER

Not a person you would really want to date, because guess what, she will be hanging on your arm every second of every day. Say good bye to "just going and having a guy night" because they will be either ruined by your girl or you wont go out at all and be stuck on the couch with your girl watching movies.

If you like going and doing your own thing, but love to have a girlfriend to go meet up with at the end of the day; try to find a girl whos really independent, has a lot of friends, works, and enjoys keeping herself busy. They can be easy to spot when you go out because most likely she will be surrounded with friends.

- Response by kauaigirl808, A Player, Female, 22-25

It's all about self confidence. The answer to this one is really simple if you do not want to comply with been the "ONLY thing" it's time to move

- Response by tartenon, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

I agree with dreamdancer. Men and women need some time to themselves some of the time. I would not want my woman to have to be at my side all the time. She needs her girlfriends and some social life with them as well as the males.
My ex thought that we should be stuck to each other at the hip and not have a life of "our" own. There is a time when the man and wife should share their lives and there is a time, within boundaries, that they have some time to themselves and the husband help take care of the kid(s) when she wants to go shopping or out with some girlfriends.

These are not the only areas that leave me asking what is wrong with women. It has reached the level that I almost hate to claim my gender due to the stereotypes placed on the women of todays world. Women seem to be much more insecure, and less confident with themselves. It is as if women today need a man to validate themselves. I realize this issue more and more when speaking to women of high school age. It is clear that this lack of self confidence and feeling of self reliance at this age probably stems from lack of self identity. Also, it goes to show that many of the women who behave in this fashion have either almost never been single, or have spent most of their years alone, both creating an impact on personal development and self value.

- Response by lesliebby29, A Player, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

One word: Insecurity. Women are more prone to doubt of their own sight of self. But you're right, however, back in the day relationships mattered and divorce rates were low. Women and men had more self-respect then and when it came to relationships, they decided not to allow self-negative to drown better judgement AND men knew not to give their women a reason to doubt.

Bottom line: Both sides are guilty dear. Not just one. Women are emotional, but it takes a man to prove to the woman that he won't cheat or give her a reason to believe he up to no good. (makes it difficult if there is past scars, ya know?).

- Response by authorgirl, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Student

Back in the day, men actually pretended to have class. Men today don't even make the effort.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession

Take it easy dude, when you whine like a little bitch you give all of us a bad name.

- Response by marka, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

to answer you question "What is wrong with women", i'd have to say nothing is "wrong" with them. you seem to be living back in "the day" of "Father Knows Best"/"Leave it to Beaver".! i've not ever had a relationship with a man who was not able to be himself and explore his own interests that i would not support if they were important to him. sounds to me like you are looking for a woman that thinks you are "god" and that what ever you want or need should come before what might be best for her.

Women are all retarded. Buy yourself a mail order bride, sign a pre-nump and get it over with. :)

- Response by horsepowerjunky, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35