I LOVE Skin Care Products, but...
Style & Beauty / 11:48 PM - Sunday July 04, 2010

I LOVE Skin Care Products, but...

Do you have any great skin care tips & tricks???

- Asked by georgiagirl404, A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25

#1 Rule: Never Ever go to bed with make up on!

#2 Rule: Better to spend less on a product and really use it than to invest in the expensive stuff and be afraid to use it.

#3 Rule: Less chemicals, better choice.

#4 Rule: Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen...

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

Do not smoke cigs, drink 80 proof anything everyday and do not sun yourself on a rock or beach or your skin will end up looking like Joan Rivers Purses she sells on QVC.

Use cold water when you wash your face. Helps keep the natural oils IN your skin rather than down the drain. rek

I am GUY......MY "TRICK" is soap and water....and some deodorant........thats it !!!

- Response by nuttyprofessor, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Transportation

Soap and water and the occasional dye-free, sensitive skin formula St. Ive's lotion in the winter to avoid windburn and dry skin. I avoid the sun and I don't wear make-up at all. I get compliments on my skin all the time and am told I look a lot younger than I really am so I must be doing something right! I've never used any of those frilly dilly skin cremes and I never will!

Here's my tip: SLEEP.

Sleep is the best beauty product out there and it's free.

Your body does the most repair work while you are sleeping.
I sleep 8-10 hours per night and I often take a little nap during the day.

Also, take a B-Complex vitamin and a C vitamin EVERY DAY of your life.

The B vitamins help your skin, hair, nails and nerves and a C vitamin helps your body fight all the nastiness that attacks it inside and out and helps it repair itself.

Also, you need to use a GOOD cleanser.
One that won't dry you out or break you out.

I've used Cetaphil for years.
You can get it at any store and it's not expensive and I use cheap wash-clothes on my face; the ones you buy for about a Buck for a dozen.
The cheaper, the better. They are a little rough.

You need to get those dead cells off your face and then slather on a good face cream afterward.

I've tried them all from Creme de la Mer to Nivea.

BTW, Nivea -in the little blue tins for a dollar each- is JUST AS GOOD as Creme de la Mer which would run you about $50. for the same amount and the Nivea, smells a lot better.

Based on my history, I should look like an old, leather boot that's been run over, backed over and left in the sun to dry like roadkill.

I've screwed-the-pooch many times.
I smoked off-and-on for years, I baked myself at times, I've been under a lot of stress, I lived in the Desert and in Alaska, I've had three kids, I drink and YET...

Also, drinking water really does help.
I drink about a gallon of water per day.

As soon as I get up, I hit the, "litter box", brush my teeth and hair and I get a big glass of water and I drink water ALL DAY LONG.
I really like the Zero-Water Pitcher.

You can get it at Bed,Bath&Beyond and although the filters are rather expensive, the water is really GOOD and you don't get those charcoal bits in the pitcher like Brita has.

You don't have to look old before your time. FIGHT BACK.

- Response by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Drink plenty of water during the day and at night wash face and moisturise with olive oil. Natural stuff is always better.

- Response by cocolover82, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35