I have nobody, I have nothing, what's the point?
Race, Religion & Politics / 10:10 AM - Sunday July 04, 2010

Nobody cares about me, I just lost my job (the only good thing in my life), all my friends moved away and I'm left with no one. Even my own parents could care less about me. I pray to God every day that he will take my life. And it's so freaking sad that he won't listen to me.

To me, it sounds like things are a bit backwards. You're seeking approval from humanity, and having felt little to no success, you only seek God to detach yourself from what he has created for you? Don't let the apathy of others around you determine your worth - you being alive means that God considers you more worthy than those who ignore you. It means that the world around you is still yours if you choose to take it. Those who ignore you are not the ones who built the mountains, let water flow through rivers, or taught the mockingbirds to sing. They are not the ones who give roses their color or their scent - nor did they give you the chance to experience these things, not even your parents. This is what God did.

God is listening, but not to your worldly mind - your mind is telling God to take your life. Your spirit is reaching out to God to show your mind a new life in his glory. Still being alive, he is giving you a chance to experience the latter in THIS life.

Begin first with seeking God from your heart. Your happiness will come from inside out - it cannot come from the smiles of others, or the emotional/physical/mate rial embraces of loved ones. When you embrace the world from what is deep inside of you, you will find yourself in the heart of God, unafraid of anything this world will put in your way. What God makes whole, no man can break apart.

- Response by optimalcontrol, A Creative, Male, 26-28, Washington, DC, Student

thing is, he is listening to you, and doing all he can to show you the reasons you should live. but you keep ignoring him.

All prayers are answered eventually, hang in there and give it time!

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Transportation

God GIVES life... ~ So, He won't take it.
You need to look within to find your joy.

Don't rely on others to provide for you.

~"I'm a rock star with a perfect life!"~
'cuz, I SAY SO! We create our OWN reality.

God has NOTHING to do with the heartaches, sorrows, blunders, miseries and tragic losses in our lives; these are carefully inscribed in our ' blueprints' by OURSELVES and our spirit helpers and spirit guides and approved by a council of elders all under God's aegis.
One cannot blame anypne but oneself for the harsh and dreadful 'lessons' that we preprogram for our spiritual growth here in this school we call Earth.
The truth is down a long hall and somewhere else.
One must pray for guidance and for a lessoning of one's self imposed trials and help will be on the way; we are not people having bad spiritual and emotional problems but spirits having bad human emotional and human problems.
When one sees all pain from that perspective and realizes that help has always been unseen but at your elbow, oil the connection by prayer and miracles slowly or very quickly happen.
Ask your spirit helpers(call them that) to assist you and be specific.
Ask for strength.Ask for Faith. Ask for a new job. Ask for friends.Ask for a sign. Be specific. Ask for a lover(be specific as to eyes, hair , height and looks) and the slow wheels will begin to turn more quickly.Perhaps, as with me, the sigh will be given that very next day; keep your eyes and heart wide open.
Bless you, Paul

- Response by cocoon, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Alternative Medicine

No.What is sad is that you feel this way and is doing nothing about it.When I felt that way I went to counseling.Even though I felt it was useless.That was 35 years ago.I have never had those thoughts again.I am now an upbeat person.No one or nothing can get me down.I learned it was all in my controll.You can't controll what happends in life but you have control how you choose to deal with it.Get help as I did.You will look at the world in a whole different way.

First, I sympathize with what you're feeling and going through right now. It's not easy losing your job, not having friends, and feeling like no one cares. But, you're praying to God for the wrong thing and for the wrong reason. I can tell you that nothing you're saying to yourself or believing about God will bring you the life you desire. You'll have to snap out of the funk. I know it feels like you can't or you never will. But, that's not true. There is an evil spirit that is just overjoyed that you're feeling like you are. And, would love nothing more than for you to end your life. But, you have to fight! You have to know that everyday that you're alive is another day to do whatever you can to change your situation.

First, you need to apply for unemployment benefits. Do research and find out all of the resources, charity, or benefits you are qualified to received. Then, you need to apply for or accept any job you can get, until you get one comparable to what you had. At least, this will give you something to focus your mind on, instead of this sadness. Then, you sit down and write what you want out of your life. You find out through research and networking how you can get these things. That's what you work on. You start socializing. Even if, at first you're doing thing by yourself. You can go out to dinner, to poetry readings, jazz concerts, museums, plays, movies, tour bus trips, by yourself. You can volunteer for charity and community work, work on projects like habitat for humanity, volunteer to help impoverished countries to take supplies.

Take a course in something you've always been interested in but never took the time to do. Like, dancing, a cooking class, or a home improvement class at home depot. They have classes on laying down flooring. Believe me, don't worry about people feeling sorry for you. You'd be taking control of your life and not sitting around waiting or depending on others to make your life what you want it to be or to make you happy. In doing these things, you will meet people just like yourself. That's how you establish friendships and meet other interesting people. As long as you stay safe. If you're praying to God, that means you believe in a God. And, if that's true, you must know that if you believe no one else cares about you, He does. And, that care is not determined by how much of what WE want God gives us.

Sometimes, when you spend your life dependent on others for your existence or happiness, these things are taken away so that you can see the power and strength you truly possess. Believe me, there were many times I thought I couldn't take anymore. But, I've always made it through. I've felt that God wasn't there. I felt alone, even with people in my life that truly cared about me. And, I've spent time depressed and pitying myself. I stopped, when I realized that wasn't who I truly was. I was vibrant and loved life. I didn't want to die really. It is only when you believe there is not hope left that you want to die. It's when you believe that things will never change no matter what. And, that simply isn't true. Life isn't easy for everybody. Some have to go through everything the hard way.

But, if YOU love YOU and YOUR LIFE; YOU have to realize that you have to fight. Not this pity-party you have going for yourself that will just sink you deeper and deeper into the abyss of misery, fear, anger, and pain. You are the only one that can make your life what you want it to be. Sorry, but God isn't going to make everything easy for you. That's not what believing in God is about. Even, your own parents say no sometimes. That doesn't mean they don't love you or want the best for you. Good luck.

I feel very sorry for you but please, don't despair.. I shall tell you what my father told me years ago.. he said '' When one door closes, another one opens, life is like that, there are many twists and turns'' And, he was right, something will happen, you see, if you lived near me I would be your friend, its not pleasant having no one, I Do understand ;)

You have had good and awful responses on here.. we care about you, please, take no notice of the ignorant.

What you should do is join something, get involved. That way you will meet people and, you don't know what is around the corner in life, none of us do, and Do go to your doctor, seriously you sound very depressed, it saddens me to read your post.. You see there IS a point to living, its just that its not clear to you yet but it Will be, please hang on to that? (((HUGS))) XXX

- Response by heatherjune123, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, London, Who Cares?

And remember, we are here for you, you aren't totally alone :)

The problem is, so many other people have the same request of God, you are simply in the back of a VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY long line, so it's just a matter of having to wait your turn. ;)

- Response by andrewj5267, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Miami, Teaching

You're not alone - God is with you, always.

You're a God's child, like all of us, that makes us all brothers and sisters.

You need to re-connect with your big world family, chose something you like, join a club or hobby class, follow your bliss - it will open doors to much more, including happiness

good luck!

- Response by rubyrednotdead, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

First remember life is always changing, up and down. Take a break, do something! Make a list of good things to do, do them even if it's wash the car. Please make one big rule, "Tomorrow is another Day." Read, "Gone with the Wind."

- Response by Female, 66 or older

god is entirely responsible for all of your woes. god will not take your life for you because he is a vengeful god. god cares not one whit about your heavy depression, existential angst or your inability to take your own life, as any self-respecting athiest would do in your situation.

have you considered going to see a good movie?

*Cue violins* God's not taking calls right now. Try back after the World Cup.

- Response by mmaguy, A Jock, Male, 29-35, New York, Civil Service