Two hits of pot,new job drug test in 5 days...
Career / 3:29 PM - Wednesday June 30, 2010

I had just 2 hits, 2 weeks ago,now have found new job,they drug test,will I fail.Before the two weeks,hadn't done this in over a year.

Update: August 02, 2010.
I did pass,by the way...got the job which besides needing,I love...in retrospect,I learned,just because they're doing it,I can say,NO.There will be no next time worries for me,truly,not worth it.

I hate when people post bullshit answers or pass judgement. The lady asked a question, not for a sermon. I drug test for a living. If you only had 2 hits 2 weeks ago you will be fine regardless of your weight or physical activities. The test is based on percentage (without getting too complicated). So every 5 days you will lose half your THC residue. So if you took it tommoroow it would be like taking 1 hit off a joint. You are good. A good site is marijuana.com, they have people who look to help not preach. Hope this helps.

- Response by mrwoody2, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55

you will fail if you don't flush your system.

drink so much water between now and then that you are pissing more then you care too. don't KILL yourself with water overdose, but do drink at least a gallon of WATER per day, every day between now and the appointment.

yep, u will fail, its in your system for 30 days. even in medical MJ states, an employer does not have to accept/accomadate or put up with MJ in your system. Since your close to 21 days out and if you only had 2 "hits" you may sneak by if it is a generic test byt a mediocre ttesting company. if you work in medical field, your toast.

- Response by mtusa007, A Rebel, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

LMAO!

Pot lives your system in about 24-48 hours depending on how much you took. You'll be fine.

fanny.

- Response by fanny500, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

If only you could turn back the clock and not have taken those couple of puffs....I truly wouldnt stress too much about it. Depending on when the company orders the test I would think any traces of the chemicals would be out of your system.
Honesty with an employer may go a long way right from the start. If they do come back with a positive result the traces will be minimal. You absolutely cannot deny the fact you indulged and saying something like "but I did not inhale" can only be used by a ridiculous politician. My question is was it worth it?? There is nothing worse than a reformed smoker...that in fact is me. I pray you will not fall off the "marijauna" horse and get back into this nasty but I will agree
relaxing, chillin, fun habit again.

All the best...DaisyLou

- Response by daisylou14, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Toronto, Self-Employed

Most posters gave you pretty good answers, but there is another side to the issue which you didn't state. What kind of job is it, and how deep are they going to look for drugs, marijuana can be found in the system up to a year after inhaling. But, that would generally mean the job you are getting is a very sensitive one or they will not look that deep, especially for substance that is going to eventually be made legal. Or, it would have nothing to do with the job and some law enforcement agency really wanted to burn you. Otherwise, two weeks is ok. 30 days is better.

- Response by phoenixbandit, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Columbus, Law Enforcement

You should be fine. As a precaution, drink lots of water and green tea over the next couple of days.

- Response by boggob, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Political / Government

Well you shouldn't of done it in the first place..now you will reap the benifits.

- Response by gregslove77, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

two hits will not make u fail it

PS I don't approve of smoking MJ personally, but I can't stand the judgmental attitude of idiots who think that people who do shouldn't get jobs that they otherwise deserve because they took a hit or two.

man ... all this did was really make me wish i had some weed here.

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Houston, Administrative

If you really want to ensure a 'clean' drug testing, then pay to get a drug test and see if you come up negative for any drugs...when I worked as an Addictions Counsellor, we had a Canabis Cessation workshop and were told that marijuana can be detected in the body for up to 72 hours after having a joint...now since it was two weeks ago and you haven't smoked since then, you should get a drug test just to make certain that no drugs will be detected...there is NO guarantee that how marijuana affects one person will affect another person the same and if you're not a 'regular' user, you never know, the marijuana might/could stay in your system longer...get a drug test as soon as you can and then you will be rest assured to find out if you 'need' to put off the new job drug test or not and one thing you can say is that you are 'sick' and were given cough medicine or something that could make you test 'positive' and you will be given a week before they test you again...good luck and hope it works out great for you...:)

Yeah you will. The drug test now take a hair sample so even if it was years ago they will know.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

Go to local whole food store and ask for Phosfood. Take about 50 drops in water three times a day between now and test. Be sure to brush your teeth after each time as it is highly acidic which is why it can fool most tests although two hits shouldn't show up in most tests anyway. Check out this site.
http://www.optimalformu las.com/products/Phosfo od%C2%AE-Liquid.html?gc lid=CJ_e7-jJyaICFQLEsgo duh7hyA

- Response by wiserman, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

are you fat or thin? THC is also stored in fat cells, so the heavier the are, the longer it will stay in your system. General rule of thumb is a month.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

WalMart sells a "cleanse" drink stuff. its kinda expensive, like $80 or so... but CLAIMS to cleanse you and let u pass drug test.

It is in the Pharmacy.

"smokeshops" sell cheaper ones, but I have heard they don't work.

- Response by discotrash, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession

2 weeks? you might be fine. (and it stays longer than 48 hrs as one poster said, cuz they test for the metabolites) the NORML site has a lot of info.

i was in you position, but i went 5 weeks w/out smoking.

but to put my mind at ease i got the test kit from the pharmacy...only $15 & tested myself. but tons of H20 could dilute your sample so bad they'll call you in for a re-test.

- Response by isotope, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Science / Engineering

possible stay off

just a bit of advice...........don't do it !!! GUESS I PERSONALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE ALLURE....SINCE I HAVE NEVER SMOKED A N Y T H I N G.........I GUESS IT IS PARTLY BECAUSE I HAVE ASTHMA AND HAVE A HARD TIME BREATHING ANYWAY......BUT WHY WRECK YOUR LIFE OVER SOME ILLEGAL STUFF ANYWAY....?????

- Response by gailisland47, Female, 66 or older