No wonder USPS is failing! Why are their rates so high??
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:49 PM - Sunday June 27, 2010

I finally sold my damn bird cage off Amazon and need to ship it, so I checked postage rates at USPS-- it would almost cost as much to mail than I was making off the item!

Fedex and UPS can both cut the price to 1/3rd of USPS, with Fedex being slightly cheaper. How do they manage it?

- Asked by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Teaching

And, the Post Office wonders why it is not profitable. Hell they can go to three days and they still will not be able to touch UPS or FedEx. That is pitiful! And, UPS and FedEx have automatic tracking NO extra charge. USPS charges for every single little thing; tracking, signature on receipt, and if you want anything in writing, call in the troops.

Can we say "Government Bureaucracy" quickly?

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

when u sell on ebay or amazon u have to add the shipping price as a extra as sometimes it is more than the cost of the item now

I've never had the experience where FedEx and UPS were cheaper than USPS for the exact same service. I haven't seen it. We're talking about the SAME service? Nope.

- Response by awsum1, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?, Chicago

how much have you saved in postage stamps by paying bills /sending letters online? they are getting killed by the internet and have to stay alive somehow yet i think their rates are competitive with ups etc.

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Actually, you shouldn't be paying postage on an item that someone else bought from you online. It should have been part of the deal that THEY paid the postage and it should have been added into the amount that THEY paid for the item.

You wasted money mailing it yourself and not agreeing with your buyer beforehand that s/he would pay for the postage in advance.