My boyfriend has his ex's name tattooed on his...
Dating / 8:25 PM - Monday June 21, 2010

chest. When we have sex, I see it and sometimes kills the mood. I mean who wants to see that shit! I told him I could cut it out his skin if he wants but he argues thats too painful.Should I be concerned with this tattoo? How do i get him to get rid of this problem? I just feel a certain way when I'm sleeping with him and I see another woman's name on his chest..its like she branded him and now hes damaged goods for anyone else. I kinda feel like he doesnt even belong to me. I dont want my name on him I just dont want hers!

- Asked by knicoleboo, A Creative, Female, 26-28

CUT IT OUT? Gawd, I hope you were kidding. Look- this was BEFORE you. Just know he's with YOU, and move on.

he can have it removes or covered up with another tattoo if he really wanted to..... the real question is why he hasn't done that when he knows how it makes you feel???? One lesson here for him or anyone else that is into tattoos, NEVER and I do mean NEVER have a GF/wife's/lovers name tattooed on yourself! What is happening here is the very reason why.

- Response by canajun, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Vancouver, Self-Employed

I guess I'm damaged goods, also. I have my ex-husbands named tattooed on me. Seriously?! Cut it out?

- Response by elizabethmom05, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Retail

if u are a virgin u have a right to be upset if u have a past then accept his

That's why it's a bad idea to tattoo ANY name except yours or your mama's.

- Response by buffalothighs88, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

you need to get over this.
hes not damaged goods, thats all in your mind and if you cant get over that, then leave him.

- Response by yasmin246, A Player, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

wow. psycho much? my bf has his exs' name tattoo'ed on his arm. and so did my last bf. They were idiots to do that in the first place. So I just make fun of them occasionally. Like when my bf got sun burnt I said oh no now the "alyssa" might fade!! :(
Get over it, or dump him. geez.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 26-28

You need to stop worrying about his past, and it's mistakes, and start working on the present, if you expect to have a future with this man. The lady didn't put her name there, he did! Stop being selfish and see past the tatoo...

- Response by armystrongmama, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

My boyfriend also has not one...but two of his ex's named tattooed on his chest. He had told me about one, but while having sex one day and staring at the hideous tattoo, i saw the other very visible one, it turned me off so much that i don't want to have sex anymore until he removes it. Its a hideous tattoo, i hate it so much and im so angry, it feels like hes able to fall in love with people so easily to the point where he will tattoo everyones name. When he says "i love you, and im only yours" I think to myself, yea i bet you say that to everyone. It makes me mad.

- Response by sweetpearoom72, A Thinker, Female, 26-28