Why do gay people want kids which is a heterosexual act?
Race, Religion & Politics / 11:17 AM - Monday June 21, 2010

Update: June 21, 2010.
Interesting the LOVE comment made me think further. Although I "feel" as I don't know about the scientific view on this, the desire to produce after your own kind is one of being able to "DO" such a thing. If in fact you are born gay, I would suspect the NATURAL desire to reproduce would not be there as you can not do it NATURALLY. If in fact, everyone turned gay. The human race would become extinct, leaving out science. I do agree with adoption of children where there is a NEED for LOVING parent regardless of sexuality. I just don't agree with the WANTING to be a natural desire if you are truly GAY by NATURE. I just feel like the gay that feel it is their right to reproduce with the help of the sperm egg thing are just making life a BURGER KING! That is right, NOW THAT is MY PERSONAL OPINION! PERIOD. I am an open minded person, don't care who is gay or not. I just feel folks need to stop asking for other people to support their decisions! IF YOU CAN'T MAKE A BABY WHY DO YOU WANT ONE! rhetorical.

Update: June 21, 2010.
I'm not moved by these remarks. I asked a question. I did not add MY opinion. I am smart enough to answer without my PERSONAL views. I have no problems with gay people in general. Just because we can go to the moon, make a baby in a tube, have abortions, wear condoms etc. does not mean it is NATURAL. Thank you very much. We can do a lot of things with technology. Now anyone that is gay, how are you going to MAKE a baby the natural way without help?? this includes anyone. whether you are straight and can't or gay and want one. If it does not happen NATURALLY it can't happen. Now on to one other fact I have seen on a PBS animal show where a lizard of some kind is all females. To reproduce another female simulates a male... look it up!

Update: June 21, 2010.
Can gay people make babies? No. If you are choosing to or were born gay the "natural" desire to have children would not be "natural" now would it?

- Asked by 1sexymama, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Just becaue they are gay doesn't preclude them from loving children. Personally I would rather see a kid with a gay 'family' than be alone in an orphanage.

Just because they cant "make babies" as you say, doesnt mean the want to care for a human being isnt there. Liking the same sex is a natural thing too and someone who is gay is more then allowed to have a child. Who they decide to love doesnt at all in any way mean that they cant love and care for a child.

- Response by mistypeaks, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Edmonton, Body Work

As i try and understand this......what does being gay have to do with wanting kids. The nurturing gene has nothing to do with the "i was born gay gene". In my opinion you are implying that gay people dont have the ability to love. isnt that what having a kid all about....LOVE!!

- Response by handsomedetroitguy, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Political / Government

Because they want to pass on thier genes,
It is a natural instinct,

Infertile sterile women, by your argument, would also not want to be pregnant and have babies.

Wanting a baby often has little or nothing to do with sex.

By your argument, we should also be forbidden to use antibiotics, anticancer medicines, vitamins and surgery when we break our bones, because those things are not NATURAL... Hmm, it's convenient to use MEDICINE when it's good for you, huh?... I bet you would lose your conviction to only use natural things when you have a simple illness that would be fatal without a perfectly good unnatural medicine.

- Response by milla, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Why are good hearted gay people persecuted while disgusting bigots go through life totally accepted?

I can think of few injustices worse than that.

- Response by vabyss, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

A little boy is the ultimate sex toy of a couple of fudge packers. 90% of gays were molested as children... do the math...

- Response by eequalsmcsquared, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Medical / Dental

THe more important question is why does a dumbass like you worry about shit you can't control when your own life is a complete mess?

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 46-55

Men want children. Women want children. What the hell does that have to do with being gay? Couples go to fertility specialists that cant have children, and they arent gay. Should they have the right to have children? They're not doing it naturally.... If a gay couple was willing to adopt a child.... you think that child would be better off without a home than with the couple??? seriously?

- Response by bluefaery93, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Why do you care?? My brother is gay, and He has expressed wanting children, and He can have children, not that it's any of your business!!!!!

- Response by elizabethmom05, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Retail

Misery loves company.

Wow, are you THAT close-minded? You gave everyone who gave good answers a "0"? And you've given 0 stars because your mad that no one agrees with you orrrr? Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they don't love children and want to raise them. Being gay has NOTHING to do with having a FAMILY! And I disagree with the fact you stated about being born gay. There are many animals that are also gay, look it up, educate yourself. So an animal CHOOSES to be gay? I don't think so. And I'm pretty sure a gay couple can get a surrogate mother or many other options available ..geez some people are so hateful.

- Response by shancook07, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

One has nothing to do with the other. There is no point to your post except to stir up bigotry. Find a new mission, this one's been beaten to death and the haters are losing the battle.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

On your update:
I hate to burst your bubble, but their are some that make babies, that shouldn't.
They produce ...but don't act responsible also...nim-nutted conservatives like possibly yourself (just a guess), got it where in their small minded thinking that if you chose not to abort, you better not ask the tax payer to pay for it by governmental funds, let alone let gays love it, raise it because their not standing in line to take it...well, you folks can talk your double talk all day...this is why we have such problems and other matters of consideration.

- Response by pinknblu, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

You posted this question because you have an anti-gay agenda, and nothing anyone says - no matter how logical or sensible - is going to change your mind. You already have all the answers, right? So why bother asking? No amount of your preaching or smug replies is going to change reality.