Are there guys out there who DON'T like strippers/strip clubs?
Sex & Intimacy / 10:59 PM - Saturday June 19, 2010

*WARNING* If you do like going to strip clubs, don't read on, it might ruin it for you.

I know there are some guys who do and actually I know more who don't. I mean bachelor parties are one thing, but I know there are guys who go to strip clubs on a regular basis or even sometimes.

But a recent cosmo post and a conversation I had with a former stripper coworker of mine made me never want to get within 100 feet of one, even if I was a guy, even if I was the horniest guy on the planet. And it is not just the thought of being like the hundreth guy she had grinded on that week.

Let me preface this with I know not all strippers are like this and this is just my coworker's experience. And for the record my coworker stripped to put herself through school and is a funny, smart girl who works hard at her corporate job.

However, though the conversation was fascinating and I totally asked a ton of questions, it made me scared of strip clubs or any boyfriend of mine going there.

Basically she said no woman says when she is little she wants to be a stripper. They do it becuase it is good money in a short amount of time with flexible hours. So they are doing it for the money and she said they MILK guys and do whatever to get as much money out of them as possible. And afterward they brag to eachother about it, even make fun of the guys and feel sorry for them and their gf/wives who won't or can't give them what they want and then the guys have to come here to pay for it. She also said she would never let her boyfriend go to strip clubs, because way more goes on now, even if they are not in the backroom. For the right price anything goes. She admitted to even have full on sex with clients, but for a little extra she would pull down her g-string during a lap dance, let guys touch her, give handjobs and oral sex, she said everything has a price. Again it is all about the money.

The clencher for me though was how she said the girls were on a rotation and had to fill in for eachother not just when it was girls times of the month but because of "outbreaks." She said even the management provides prescriptions because it is so bad. She said it is almost impossible not to catch anything becuase they get it from the clients and eachother-guys love the girl-on-girl. Again it is not just topless lap dances anymore.
I actually have a friend who got HPV from her boyfriend who got it at a bachelor party (he and about 3 other of the groomsmen). Though they didn't have sex with the stripper, she was completely naked grinding on them and some of the guys either got blow jobs or some stuck a dildo in her. My coworker was like do you even know how many guys I have grinded on and guys have gotten too excited, etc.

I know this is just one opinion and one experience, and that some girls are ok with their man going. Me personally having a naked chick grind on my guy means that we are definitely not exclusive and I would be going out and hanging out with other guys, not staying home making cookies while naked woman are all over him.

I know guys look at other girls, just like a girl who is totally happy in a relationship will notice a hot guy with a six-pack. We are humans. But noticing a hot girl or guy on the street or even watching porn is one thing, but to pay and have an actual naked person on you is another.

So curious to see what guys don't like strippers/strip clubs and what are your reasons?

I'd think they might have some disease or something.

A lot of them are drug addicts who need the money for the fix.
They may not even remember what they did the next day, so who knows what they might "catch".

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

I feel like I need to wash my junk in bleach now after reading this.... Give me the nerd girls any day!

- Response by strongbow, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

My boyfriend wouldn't go to a strip club because he respects and loves me and wouldn't want to hurt me. He's also cheap like me and doesn't waste money haha...

It makes me sad that women are forced into jobs like that... I know they get paid for it, but still, it's not a job girls dream of doing, as your friend said. It makes me even sadder that so many men are willing to pay for sexual favours... I guess if they are single, they can waste their money in any way they want. But for a groom to cheat on his fiance at his bachelor party? That's just disgusting. How can any decent man do something like that to a woman he loves and wants to spend the rest of his life with?

Anyways. Bottom line-- if I were a guy, there would be MANY reasons that I wouldn't go to a strip club, but the number one reason would be-- no way in hell am I risking getting an STD!

- Response by notsohawt, A Sportif, Female, 22-25, Toronto

Soooo... why would that make me dislike stripclubs? I can't get HPV with my eyes. And FYI... you can not get HPV from a little grinding. It takes the actual transfer of bodily fluids... but, i'm sure that is what he made his chick believe so she wouldn't break his ass. ;)

- Response by eequalsmcsquared, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Medical / Dental

For the record I do not like going to strip clubs. Many guys do, even if they are getting their "needs" met at home. For me why pay $$ for a beer when with it is not real.

Now I have known many of these women who have worked in this profession. It is a tough job, in a tough industry. They are not turning tricks, they are dancing and stripping. Social disease are not prevalent, unless a girl is doing tricks. They are making money in a very tough job.

There clubs like you discribe, They exist, do not know what to say.

I have dated a stripper/dancer. Went out with here for a long while. Like any other relationship there were issues in not moving forward. I was in her wedding. She was a person, female, and women like anyone else.

There are predators, lowlifes, and similar individuals in any walk of life or gender. Making broadstroke generalizations are incredibly risky.

The women I have known have become lawyers, judges, doctors. They could make $$$ in an evening, wheras the alternative was weeks working at MCDonalds etc. They were blessed by genetics, and had a courage I cannot imagine.

- Response by archerchef, A Player, Male, 56-65, Vienna, Who Cares?

It sounds like your friend at work was employed in a real toilet!

There is a difference between a place like Big Al's in San Francisco, and a real STRIP club. Just like there is a difference between prostitutes and call girls.

While the picture you painted does exist in some dark corners of this planet, it is NOT the norm for adult entertainment locations.

You can have CLASS in any occupation; or not! The clientele determines which one they get, by how much money they are willing to spend. You do get what you pay for. As with ANY business. Quality is never FREE. And, when I speak of COST I am not referring to SEXUAL favors. I am referring to the quality of the women that perform for you.