How much money can you make per month to qualify for food stamps?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 6:23 PM - Friday June 18, 2010

I know you have to have some sort of income that you make in order to qualify for Food Stamps. 1200 per month? 1400 per month? 800 per month not including taxes?

It varies from state to state but here in Indiana you do not have to have any income to qualify. Public assistance was created to help those who are out of work for whatever reason.

They won't deny you just because you aren't working. Here you have to make $800.00 or less (gross) per month to qualify. If you aren't working they will provide you with free daycare and job training to get you back on your feet too. If you are working you won't qualify for any type of cash assistance but you will still qualify for food stamps and medical insurance for yourself and your children.

Go to gettingfoodstamps.org and work through the calculator exercise...

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

I get them and I'm in school and a stay at home mom. I have no income at all except 50 dollars a week in child support.

Not sure if this is still a restriction, but they used to NOT allow you to own anything that had a value over $1500, and that included a car.

IJS

In our state it was 400 a month tops but it may have went up a little