Aaahhh! The air in my room smells like cat urine, but I can't find the source!
Sex & Intimacy / 5:12 PM - Monday June 14, 2010

The smell actually gets better closer to the ground. My bed, laundry, shoes, purse... all the likely (and usual) targets are clean, but the air reeks of cat piss.

This is making me mad, and it's frustrating as hell. Any ideas?

- Asked by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Teaching

Get a blacklight and look around your room. You'll see where the pee is. (Also any semen that's been splashed or dripped.) I don't recommend you do this in a hotel room though, you'll never stay in one again.

- Response by hnimsoc, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Edmonton, Retired

If you're going to give me a one at least jerk me. A one isn't really going to do anything for me, at least with a jerk I can get off from it. thank you...

- Response by ashmcawesome, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

I ditto the blacklight plan... You can find little key-fob-sized ones at the pet stores.
Downside: I tried using one to find where a cat pissed in my van, but it didn't turn anything up.

Have you been using Febreeze air freshener by any chance? That stuff built up over time smells like cat piss. Try Oust, it works well.

- Response by steff81, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Teaching

do you have cats? If so..one of them might have sprayed.

- Response by gregslove77, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Didn't you talk about one of your cats being a sprayer a while back. One of them is spraying someplace other than the litter box when you aren't looking.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Cats sometimes pee on your clothes, maybe in your laundry area, or smell could be coming in from heat/cooling ducts. Cats will pee on socks, your pillow, anything you've left on the floor, a corner of the carpet. They will pee in your room if you havent cleaned their box, or if they are very old and feeble-minded and can't remember where the box is. I've been through all of this with my cats.

What about the window sill...and the curtains there? Cats love to sit in windows...

It was me, I was getting you back for turning me down the other night. It's part of my evil plan.

- Response by strongbow, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Ahhh if you have cats get rid of them or do you have like a swampy area around you? If so they tend to smell like cat piss as well. Yuck, I'm never coming over to your place for dinner. You gotta take me out to dinner to win me over sugarpants.