When a guy gives you his number does he really expect you to call?
Dating / 8:25 AM - Thursday June 10, 2010

Why wouldn't he ask for my number?

two guys this week gave me their number and I'm not sure if I should call. They're both hot and seem interesting. Not sure what to do, usually guys ask for my number.

- Asked by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

I think they do think you will call, in some circles men do not want to offend so they give their numbers instead of asking for your number! If you are ineterested call...it's only a call! :)

- Response by lasirenamorena, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Executive

SOme guys understand why a woman wouldn't give her number to a stranger so they give thirs instead.

They'd like you to call. I think they are trying to avoid putting you on the spot by giving their number instead of asking for yours. If you don't want to talk with them and they ask for your number you either need to turn them down on the spot or give them your number, and the implied consent to call. If they give you their's, then you can decide if you want to continue talking or not. Also, think they see it as a way of gauging your interest right away - if you call you're showing you're interested, if you don't they're not wasting their time chasing someone who doesn't find them attractive and/or isn't really interested in more.

- Response by grinandbareit, An Engaged Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

I would think he wants you to call. They're probably just trying to see if you're interested.

I think alot of guys today expect women to take more initiative in relationships .. that's a good thing!!

If you want to call them .. go for it!

They want u to chase

They want you to booty-call them

- Response by 1junebug, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

I don't recommend for anyone to call a guy first. but I don't know how the whole thing happened.. If you feel the vibes and you thing he was sincere and there is no way for him to get in touch with you than wait a few day and call on the begining of the week and play it off light heartedly.. You never know..

Next time just tell a guy you don't feel comfortable calling first and pass him your number. I'm sure he will respect you for that..

- Response by marika62, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Really? i prefer that. i don't give my personal information out to strange men.

You're slippin'!

- Response by joeblow1234, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Whitehorse, Artist / Musician / Writer

I don't know. I just don't know. I don't know you. I don't know them.

If you find them interesting, phone. If you don't, don't.

dont call them nomatter how cute coz if you do they will take advantage of the fact that you can do anything for them so my sis dont

- Response by vimbaiswing85, An Engaged Girl, Female, 26-28, Financial / Banking

When a woman gives me her number, does she really expect me to call?

If you don't care about them and don't mind being messed around and are ready to drop them - do call!

don't call if you have expectations or want to be treated like a Lady! Men who give out their number are players and want women to run after them - I don't like men like that

A real man who is interested in you will ask for YOUR number!

- Response by rubyrednotdead, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

lol so I had a "policy" about the whole they call me I don't call them thing. Heck, I AM the lady here, right?!
Well, I met this guy at a football game, went home with him, we madeout all night, and then he took me home the next day. When he dropped me off, he handed me his CARD.
My immediate thought was WTF. Then I was really bummed.
A couple days later, I decided to just send him a text.
We've been dating for 8 months and he's amazing! :D

Go for it, girl. You have nothing to lose, right?

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 26-28

Some guys are not good at calling and figure that if they give the girl the number then it will be a better chance for them to talk.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Administrative