Girl is very nervous around me, why?
Sex & Intimacy / 5:18 AM - Thursday June 10, 2010

Girl is very nervous around me, why?

Whenever I talk to her she looks very unsure of herself and doesn't say much other than yes or no but she's very talkative with her friends. I have talked to her while she's at her locker and she has dropped her books 3 times so far as if I've startled her.

She never tries to prolong conversations but she does smile and laugh a lot and her voice tone is different to when she talks to other people. I catch her looking and smiling at me everyday but she'll quickly look away if I look at her. If I look at her for any exteneded period and she's aware of it she gets clumsy, nearly walks into people and she might hide herself from view. Sometimes she might make long eye contact (~3 seconds) with me from a distance and then walk away before I can approach her. I catch her at lunchtime scanning the cantine to see where I'm sitting and she'll always sit in a way that I'm in her line of sight. If we pass by each other in the hallway I can feel this tension and awkwardness between us, sometimes she'll lock eyes with me for the whole duration we're walking by each other and at other times she'll act submissive and put her head down.

I thought she liked me but when I tried to talk to her a few days ago while she was clearing out her locker on the last day of school she said she couldn't talk because she was "really busy" but in a nice tone of voice and smiling. She looked very flustered and in a hurry and dropped her books again and left some behind in her locker. (It was the first time I ever actually used her name while talking to her if that makes any difference). When I was helping her pick up her books she started humming and when I said bye she didn't reply. A few weeks earlier she rejected a friend request on Facebook even though she's friends with most of my own friends. She's giving me so many mixed signals.

So does she like me or not?

Either she likes you or shes planning to kill you.
Seriously tho women get frustrated and nervous just like guys do when they really like someone. This situation is easier to resolve than you think. Find something shes interested in and is comfortable with. Young girl ... ask her about which team she prefers team jacob or edward (from twilight she will know what your talking about). Just give her an opening for something to talk about obviously she wants to talk to you she just doesn't know about what. Very important tho. When shes surprised you know about twilight and asks you who you prefer say Jacob. even if shes an edward fan say jacob. When she asks why say because you believe hed do anything for someone he loves and theres something about edward you don't trust BUT throw in "but thats just my opinion".
Basically just give her an opening to talk about something she knows about and the conversation will take off quick.
Good Luck

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 29-35

Ask her to lunch and you will know how she feels.She might be waiting for you to ask.

Very mixed signals....
*maybe she is playing a "serious" game of hard to get
*maybe she is incredibly shy
*maybe she likes you so much, you make here feel awkward and clumsy
*maybe she is mistreated at home
*maybe she has been hurt deeply and has trust issues
*maybe
many, many things to consider...explore and decide what it could be.
The mixed signals does mean that she likes you to some extent

- Response by kinny, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

Okay this is an answer coming from a girl. She likes you. Plan and simple. When a girl really likes a guy they get nervous and therefore act shy and clumsy. The reason why she may be trying to somewhat avoid you is because shes embarrased about being clumsy around you. Take her to a movie that she wants to see and watch her lighten up.

- Response by babycakeslucas, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Student

maybe you creep her out...

- Response by eagerbeaver, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Shes probably really shy, and yes it sounds like she likes you. Try talking more to her and maybe hang out as friends so thiers no pressure at first, it will help both of you get over your shyness. Once the moments right ask her out =)

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Veterinary