How do you know if you're a good catch?
Dating / 6:10 PM - Tuesday June 08, 2010

How do you know if you're a good catch?

I always hear people saying that they don't understand why I'm still single because I'm a good catch. What does it mean to be a good catch, and how would another guy know that I was one if he didn't know me well?

Generalise good catch.. Its someone who's got they act together in almost every aspect (nobody perfect) and pleasing to the eye..
What's a good catch for one maybe not for an other. But when you find that guy he will see it as he gets to know you..

- Response by marika62, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Are you mounted on a wall next to a huge bass or catfish or something? If not, then you are not a good catch.

- Response by terhunsa, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Tampa, Hospitality

Honestly I don't think a guy could really know if you are a "good catch" without knowing you well. He could only make an assumption based on how your present yourself if he did not know you. If you are not a "good catch" it's ok because there are plenty of fish in the sea.

- Response by towwffc, A Career Man, Male, 22-25, Chicago

Its in the eye of the beholder. Just take it at face value for that particular person.

- Response by annandfam, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

i guess guys can sense if you a good catch from the moment they see you and talk to you i believe the question is do u think your a good catch. you have to be confident that u are and everything else will fall into place

- Response by A Creative, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Hi!

The "good catch" saying is real old, could go back as far as the
40's. But when someone says it to you, it means that they see
very good qualities in you.

You are right, maybe it will take awhile for someone to realize that you are a good catch, (meaning marrying material)but that's ok, because you difinately.. don't want to rush that!

Thanks for asking,
Don

- Response by don07, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Las Vegas, Self-Employed