How do I remove a hem line when I have lengthened a pair of slacks?
House & Home / 5:51 PM - Tuesday June 08, 2010

Washing and ironing don't work. Using white vinegar and water don't work. Please help.

- Asked by barb5538, Female, 66 or older

Your last bet is to take it to the dry cleaners and see if they can do something with it .. unfortunately the fiber in the fabric is broken so if ironing vinegar etc.. not working it might not fixable.
If its a ladies/girls pants than you can get creative. sorry..

- Response by marika62, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Sometimes you just can't.....You could take it to a drycleaner/or tailer and see if they can steam it. I have a pair of pants like this, and you just can't do a thing to fix it.

That can be a really tricky problem with certan fabric. I would dampen the hem crease with a light solution of fabric sofener and try steam ironing with a wrapped brick or other heatsafe item inserted into the pant leg so that the steam will hopefully work better. The rather old fashioned pant stretcher may help but they are hard to find. Good luck.

- Response by mogranma, Female, 56-65, St.Louis, Retired