Is it normal to feel like I'm never going to fall in love again?
Dating / 12:07 PM - Saturday June 05, 2010

It's been a little over 3 months since he broke off almost a 2 year relationship. We we so crazy about each other, talking about marriage and our future, but we couldn't stop fighting. I know a healthy relationship doesn't consist of fighting all the time. I've finally made it over 20 days of NC since the breakup..he obviously is done with me and dating other girls. But I honestly feel like I'm never going to fall in love again. No one will ever get me like he did. He was my first long term relationship. Do you think I will find love gain? I'm 22..and I'm so scared.

- Asked by A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28

You'll fall in love again, no worries about that. You probably won't find someone who gets you like he did but that's okay because the next guy will get you differently and quite possible even better than this guy did. I'd say there were things going on that he got and didn't like or didn't get at all and vice versa resulting in you both fighting with each other. If he completely understood you and all that would you have been fighting so much?

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Indianapolis

You are wanting to get back into a relationship without giving yourself time to grieve and get over the last tragedy.
Date without wanting to fall in love. Date to have fun and feel out potential people who will make a suitable husband.
You are too young to be getting married right now. Finish your education; find a good paying job and then start wanting to settle down. Live a little before you start settling down and building a home.

yes. you're still so very young. give it time. learn to be single and have fun before you get into another relationship.

Yes. It's perfectly normal. That's why it's called "heartbreak" -- it feels that bad. But take it from me, because I've been where you are now (at the same point in my life, in fact, where you are now), and ... it gets better. It gets wayyyy better.

Believe that, and allow it to happen. It will take some time, so be ready and willing to go through that grieving process. You'll come out okay, really. And better, truly.

- Response by regnadkcin, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Boston, Artist / Musician / Writer

It's normal for you to feel like this but YOU WILL fall in love again. You're young and sounded like a good caring and deep affectionate person. You will meet someone who will get you even better and you will get him. Good luck:)

- Response by jdn123, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Miami, Artist / Musician / Writer

You already doubting yourself after coming out of a long term relationship. Don't let yourself focus on what went wrong but focus on what good came out from the relationship. Learn how to compromise and you will fall in love again. You're young, you may get hurt again but always remember the good times with the person and move on.

- Response by elbesims, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45

I am so sorry to hear of your pain, and yes, it is totally and completely normal to feel the way that you feel...Dionne Warwick even had a number hit about it circa 1966. I think it was called, "Never Fall In Love Again."

Don't worry about whether or not you're going to fall in love again; now is the time to take the time to heal from your last "fall"!!

Good luck!!!

- Response by husband, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Transportation

LOL.. Sweetie, at your age, you have plenty of time to find another love. Be assured you will, so take the time to be sure of him, that he's a "good one". Don't play mind games on yourself with the drama you are feeling right now. Wait for a few months to heal your heart and don't accept the first guy that looks at you.