Looking for at home remedies to help clean my system.
Diet & Health / 2:56 PM - Friday June 04, 2010

I haven't been able to go to the bathroom in a bit and need help trying to help move things along. PLEASE HELP.

Update: June 05, 2010.
Thank you to all who responded. I am sorry if it was over share, but its a legit question that I was concerned about. I greatly appreciate the help! If I could give more stars I would! Bless your hearts!

I just had a baby, I'm an expert on this little problem! LOL

Take a laxative like ex-lax or a stool softner that contains a laxative. Milk of magnesia or any of the other fiber powders that you mix into water will also do the trick. Also drink lots and lots of water and try to eat foods that contain a lot of fiber as that will help things along a bit too. If the situation doesn't improve within a few days you should see your doctor to rule out anything more serious. There is a prescription product called 'Kristalose' that comes in powder form that they can prescribe if the problem gets really bad.

Feel better soon. :)

There is a tea called "Smooth move" if you drink that and prune juice you usually can move your bowels. You need to start eating more fiber though and drinking much more water. Certain medications can result in constipation also....check the side effects of any meds you are taking. Change in routine and stress can also cause bouts of constipation. I always take that tea with me when I do women's retreats...not for me...but because someone always has this complaint at a retreat. It works and being constipated is such a horrible feeling that I just consider it part of a medical kit for retreat.

Let us know how things come out...I mean work out for you! ;)

- Response by joybird, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

There is an herbal tea that you can buy at Walmart, maybe health food stores carry it too, but I know Walmart does. It's called, Laci Le Beau Super Dieter's Tea. There are about four flavors, the cranberry one is good. Anyway, drink a couple of hot cups of this tea and it WILL work.
It's herbal and gentle, and relaxing too!
Hope this helps!

- Response by domestikbeauty, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

8 oz glass of purne juice will clear your system out

Prunes. Raisins. Prune Juice. Cereal with lots of fiber.

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Transportation

lots of fiber with prune juice

Make a soup out of an onion, a fennel-bulb and cabbage. Boiled cabbage in itself helps a lot, but the fennel with prevent you from getting flatulence. Cabbage contains so much fiber and liquid, it goes through like nothing else.

- Response by oceanwale, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Student

Ducalax for temporary relief; if it is on a continuing basis, please see your family physician.

A cold glass of water soon as you wake up - a passport to the white throne

- Response by secilia, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Athens, Body Work

the only i can tellu if u r talking about what i think u r is to get some duclac suspostories... comes in a green box, can get i think 4, or 8 not sure, its been a while since i have had to use them guarrenteed to work in about 15-60 minutes, works wonders

orbetter yet

get some dried prunes and eat them out of the box, defiantly will go

- Response by tchris1645, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Transportation

Strong coffee and some fruit.

Lots of fruits, nuts, prune juice, water....things with lots of "fiber"....

For overnight relief, try a dose of Milk of Magnesia before going to bed....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

teaspoon of cod liver oil twice a day

Magnesium

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

There are so many ways to do this, but you should go see your doctor. It could be the foods that you've eaten have clogged up your system or it could be a medical disorder. But you're young, and let's hope for the best. Saying that, go to a health food store and buy some psyllium and flax seeds. Mix them into your foods, and stay close to the bathroom. They tend to work quickly. Drink lots of water, and limit your milk, dairy intake for awhile. OR for a even quicker method, go to drug store and purchase some "citrus of magnesium" and "ducolax/bisacodyl" tablets. Drink plenty of water right after. This will get you going very quickly. But as I said before, please talk with your doctor first.

- Response by rhunt0210, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

If desperate buy an enema syringe Doug J

..drink a cup of strong black coffee..and this problem will be history...

- Response by michellekia, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, St.Louis, Other Profession

Are you talking about your ability to eliminate wastes or your toilets not working properly? Whatever you do, you'll either have to go to the Doctor or hire a plumber.