Spouse has not talk to me in 3 days...
Married Life / 11:08 AM - Saturday May 29, 2010

Spouse has not talk to me in 3 days...

I was texting with my husband the other day and he asked me if I was feeling better. I told him "no I think there is something wrong with me and I don't know why I love you so much" without even realizing it looked like the sentences run together.
I tried to explain my mistake but he just said at least I know the truth now and will not except my apology. Now it has been 3 days and he still will not speak to me. I just don't know what else to do. I showed the text to my sister and she said she understands what I was saying without me even explaining what I did wrong to the text.

he sounds very immature..get a MAN..not a boy.

- Response by gregslove77, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Now why in the hell would you say "I don't know why I love you so much" to any person you're married to??? Even without the run on sentence it still makes me wonder.

I think that if you had sent this text to someone who didn't know you, yes it may have been misconstrued, but this man is you husband!

He should know you well enough to realise what you meant and even have a laugh about it and send an equally silly text back!

If your husband doesn't know you well enough to know you didn't mean it that way and ontop of that, hasn't spoken to you for 3 days, something is really amiss somewhere..

- Response by heatherjune123, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, London, Who Cares?

Men often tend to take words very literal. I see the "mistake" in your text but I also see why it's hard for him to see it different now.

If you already tried explaining it as you said, then just give it time. And SHOW him you still love him. Do something special what makes him knowing you love him to pieces, and when that is over try explaining again what the mistake of communication was in your text and apologize.

If he is still insecure then, try finding out where that comes from? Maybe it is more than just the text?

- Response by paxx, A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25, Student

usually its the woman that gets sensitive over something like that...your hubby needs to man up and stop being a bitch.

- Response by kramer, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

I'm sorry but it sounds to me like your husband is being petty and was just looking for an excuse to start a fight with you. No one in their right mind would have taken this so out of context. If I were you I'd start wondering what he's been up to since he's so quick to cause such problems in the marriage over a stupid text he misread.

Tell him to grow up!! You can't ever really know what people mean in atext you can't READ tone and emotion!!

- Response by babygirlstar81, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, New York, Self-Employed

You can't make him realize that it was a mistake. I can see how he got the wrong idea but the question is why would he think that in the first place? Has he had doubts about your love for him and your relationship? Does he feel like no one could love him or that much? or maybe he knows that he read it wrong and is trying to control you with it? There is an underlying reason why he feels this way and you two need to talk about. If he won't talk to you then maybe a counselor is the way to go

- Response by electroman, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Seattle, Science / Engineering

Right or wrong he must have been shocked by what he thought you were saying. He hasn't let go of those feelings yet even though I agree he should have believed your explanation. Since it was by text, why don't you send him another text clearly stating your positive feelings towards him. Don't mention the other text.

Texting SUCKS! I have had stuff like this happen before, but not with my boyfriend. How frustrating. He'll get over it. He's acting like a baby. I don't know why he just won't accept your explanation.

He is your husband get in his ass. Ask him what the hell is wrong with him. Say Duh you ding dong what it says is. No I think there is something wrong with me and I don't know why. I love you so much.?????This is why you always use punctuation when you text it give sentances end. And new ones begingings. So fewer mistakes.

Get a phone with a full Qwerty Keyboard. It will make it easier~~

- Response by bellabyrdie, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I think punctuation is the key here

- Response by stillcurious, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Technical

You husband has some growing up to do, ignore him. show him how it feels.

Guys can be so dumb at times and for some reason they (we) have these hugh egos. In most cases we're schmucks for a crying female. Maybe you can try getting angry because he won't believe you, start crying and throw a bit of a temper tantrum saying how much you really love him but he doesn't care and all that stuff. Throw it back onto him. Just a suggestion.

- Response by bigdog52, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Oklahoma City, Science / Engineering