Do men really jerk off before a date?
Sex & Intimacy / 4:53 PM - Wednesday May 26, 2010

Do men really jerk off before a date?

Just wondering.

- Asked by fergie, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Chicago, Science / Engineering

Some do, some don't. But I think you heard that before.

Myself?. I have a huge sex drive. When I was dating, and there was any question about whether I was going to get laid, I would jerk off before the date. This was not that big of a deal, since I masturbated several times a day anyway. So, usually before a date, and probably after a date too.

Have a good day.

Sometimes, yes. But it's not an every date, every girl thing. Hell, it's not even an every guy thing. Some guys do for several reasons. First, it alleviates the tension and stress that is building before a date. Second, it helps prevent them from walking around with a hard-on simply for being near a person. Third, if anything DOES happen to happen later they are less likely to *ahem* explode too quickly. I'm sure there are many other reasons, but those are the basic three.

- Response by doom2ruler, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Technical

Yes, I did all the time. It takes the edge off especially if his date is hot. A lot of women don't understand but the testosterone gets flowing and we can literally, go crazy. It's get in the way and then we start acting aggressive and that would turn our date off. Hence, no more date and no possibility of a g/f, no possibility of sex. Just because the testosterone got out hand. Watch the Star Trek episode where he has to go back to vulcan to mate. That's what it's like.

- Response by ereculus, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Other Profession

I guess some do....some dont....

- Response by lab01, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, St.Louis, Other Profession

It's not mandatory.

...:)

...no

- Response by damnpoor, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

I hope not. I don't see the point of it. Apparently some guys do it because they think they might come too soon if they get lucky at the end of the date. Well fair enough, I can see why a guy might be worried about that, but then how many women are going to be upset that a guy finds her so sexy that he blows his load prematurely? Why wouldn't he deal with that by going again anyway and he'll take longer next time? More experienced guys have worked out that there's plenty of stuff you can do - and should be doing - to get her off before you slip it into her.

And surely most adults have worked out that first time sex is rarely perfect in any case. You have to work out what turns each of you on and that takes time.

So a piece of advice for any guy who is jerking off before a date: chill and go with the flow. Sex is supposed to be fun, not a competition.

- Response by spongecake, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Not me. If I'm expecting sex, I hold off for a week before we meet up. If we don't see each other for TWO weeks, I'm a maniac.

Hell yeah! You can't be carrying a loaded gun around! lol. Really, you don't want him standing up every time the wind blows...

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35

we jerk it anytime we get the chance

Only consider it if she's a 9-10 & I know there's a 95-100% I'll be getting some for real later on - don't wanna disappoint in my initial perf. So typically on FIRST dates, no.

- Response by mmaguy, A Jock, Male, 29-35, New York, Civil Service

After my boyfriend and I decided to 'just be friends' he always used to jerk off before seeing me. He thought I should have taken it as a compliment. I just thought he should grow up.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles

how funny a notion is that!!!! LOL!

did you find that in cosmo, the economist or rolling stone magazine?

too funny, gal!