Lately, I've been drinking about 2-3 beers and 2-3 shots of tequila a night. Is this bad?
Diet & Health / 11:37 PM - Wednesday May 19, 2010

I usually don't drink unless I've ran about 5 miles or spent about an hour at the gym lifting plus 30 mins of cardio.

I like to workout/run and also like to drink. Is this a bad thing?

Update: May 20, 2010.
Buffer... I know I'm "wierd". I drink water throughout the day and try to avoid sweets and carbonated drinks. My longest run this year was 10 miles... followed by a trip to Hooters to rehydrate. *cheers*

- Asked by kungfudewd, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Working out has to be good. Although some doctors hesitate to push it because it may have side effects for certain people that are not so good. So if your working out produces positive results there should be no worries.

The drinking part of your question raises the issue, if you are concerned about it, but don't do anything about it, you may be on the leading edge of the downhill spiral called addiction. Which as you may know, once started only ends in death being progressive and laced with denial.

Liking to drink and having to drink are two different things, so reflecting your word, 'liking' may mean that you are a social drinker with no addictive issues... But, only you or an adroit doctor/counselor can know that. rek

Its a shame that all that wonderful working out is practically cancelled out by the nightly drinking of hard liquor and beer. Alcohol is related to many types of cancers, prostate being one of them. What you need to ask yourself is what is alcohol hiding for you. What are you avoiding in your life that alcohol helps you forget. You should already feel good enough from the working out and running always gives me a runners high so why the need for alcohol?. Alcohol in moderation is fine,

But to answer your question, yes this is bad. Please take better care of yourself, we want you around for a long time here on A/O

- Response by cinders717, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

As long as you work out regularly and don't feel that you HAVE to drink (e.g. manifest addictive behavior), I don't think it's a bad thing. It's what you do to chill out.

All I ever hear is it is pointless to work out and then drink. Who knows....you are awesome!

- Response by ashmcawesome, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

drinking every night is hard on the liver

I budget 4 guiness beers into my daily food schedule. I don't think it's weird or bad. They say that drinking one or two beers a day is associated with a lower obesity rate. The way I see it that means the first two are free and the second two are part of my overall caloric intake for the day. So far so good! I've been the same weight for over a year. Something must be working right.

- Response by damnpoor, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

Hey Dude long time no see! I think it's bad for your liver! I have a glass of red wine maybe 2-3 times a week.