What is the difference between organic honey
House & Home / 8:23 AM - Tuesday May 18, 2010

what is the difference between organic honey

and just regular honey?

Update: May 18, 2010.
I was just curious because awhile back, there was a post about a natural way to prevent and treat acne. It was also said in the post that it gets rid of oil on your face. i tried it for the oil, and had my 2 teens try it for acne. I just used regular honey, and noticed a major improvement in the way my face felt after the first use. I had to go buy some more honey, and bought a different brand (still not organic) and noticed this other stuff was really 'oily' compared to the first. I just wondered if organic would really be better, or if it made a difference.

- Asked by candyred06, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Houston, Home Maker

One is way overpriced and the other is just regular overpriced.

- Response by damnpoor, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

gay bees

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

When treating bee's organically non toxic herbs are used . Bee's are susceptible to mites and viruses that can lead to colonies collapse.

And what is termed as regular honey , the bee hive had been treated with some serious chemical. And they can often be exposed to pesticides and chemicals in their environment.
I do not know that organic can actually know if they are 100% organic because bee's travel far to gather nectar.

I believe it indicates that the honey was collected in an area where the bees had access to non chemical treated flowers and vegetation.

- Response by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Cant answer your question but I did want to add something about honey....did you know if you eat local honey it does help with your seasonal allergies

- Response by youngfuddyduddy, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

The only real difference between "Organic" honey and regular store-bought honey is how it's treated in collection, as well as whether or not the fields used for the honeybees use any kinds of non-organic pesticides.

The difference in the honey that you purchased could be as simple as a different kind of plant collected from, a different species of bee, or a naturally-occuring variance in the quality of the nectar collected.

- Response by doom2ruler, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Technical

Here's my remedy for the acne, and it does make my skin feel better-- regular grocery store generic Vitamin E. I take 400iu twice a day if I'm having outbreaks, one a day for maintenance.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Vancouver