Second date, no offer for a third date, no hug, no kiss, nothing?
Dating / 2:15 AM - Saturday May 15, 2010

this guy has been hinting that he wants to take me out on a date. he offered that i go out with him and his friends and i agreed. he then messaged me for a second date. i hanged out at his place. we spoke for about 2 hours..im worried i spoke too much. he didnt even try to touch my hand, rub my back, nothing. in fact it seemed he was trying to sit far from me. i dont get it, i thought i was attractive. maybe i did or said something that turned him off - i have no idea. then when he dropped me home, he didnt mentioned anything about a second date, or that he had fun. no hug, no kiss nothing :(. he just smiled and i said bye and left. i really liked this one and thought he was really cute. do i still text him to atleast let him know i had a good time, or do i just forget about it and just wait to see if he'll try to reach me again ?(which i doubt) :(

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 26-28

Who wants a relationship if its not right to start with? There's someone out there who is perfect for you, you just haven't met him yet, that's all.

Don't start trying to look for reasons, you were most likely nervous! Next time ask questions about them, this way you learn what sort of person they are. He may have looked ''cute'' but obviously there was something missing that didn't quite connect, which in any case would have shown up in time, so I would just forget about him and move on, no texts, no point :)

- Response by heatherjune123, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, London, Who Cares?

"maybe i did or said something that turned him off - i have no idea."

You KNOW you did! You said plenty and he is no longer interested. I would not send him a note. If he has any interest at all, it is HIS MOVE. I vote that you have heard the last of him.

Next time... do not talk about whatever you talked about AGAIN!

Then again some people don't like to be overwhelming and to ask for another date right after the first gives off that kind of vibe. And no kissing or back rubbing on the first date is normal. Let him call you and depending on how long it takes him will determine what kind of space he likes to have in his relationships.

which was it second or third date??? either way probably the last one

Send him a "Hi" text and see where it goes.. but overall...it's dead in the water, don't even expect a reply, but he might reply just out of courtesy but if he doesn't ask you to get together again, move on.

I think u should let it on him

ok so the first date you had friends with you but the second date you didnt right? sounds like that is what the deal is. If you go out with him AND his friends..techinally thats not a date unless it was like a double date thing. Maybe this guy felt nervous without his "support" there with him the second time. I would text him to tell him you had a good time and say something like "I think its cute you got a little shy" so if he was nervous, you helping to boost his confidence a little and not be embarrassed about it. The key is have confidence in yourself because its very attractive and people love it. Keep in mind this is confidence not arrogance lol.
Now if you afraid he didnt like you...did he seem to rush things along like he was trying to get it over with? That is when you would know he wasn't feeling you and was trying to be nice about it. You can normally tell by body language and someone's reaction if they are doing that.
Btw was that the first time you guys had been alone? That could of been a factor as well. Sounds to me like he is a guy that wants to take things slow which is freakin awesome girl because its hard to find a man that will do that. Most of them wanna get in your pants the first second they can. I think your just used to guys "playin the game" and now you met someone thats not like that and its weirding you out lol

- Response by thickchick1983, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking