What do men want/need to hear most when having a bad day?
Married Life / 3:01 PM - Tuesday May 11, 2010

What do men need to hear most when having a bad day? What does a man need or want to hear most from his significant other when he is having a stressful day?

Update: May 11, 2010.
Thanks all, especially for the humorous respones. It would seem that silence and sex are tied, with food a confirmed winner as well!

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 29-35

I don't want more stress. I don't want my girlfriend requiring decisions for anything, requiring I eat at a specific time, requiring I have to hear her complain about her day, requiring I tell her she looks pretty or that I love her or pressuring me for anything.

If someone cares about me and wants things that are in my best interest then I will want them around but if a girlfriend doesn't give a rats ass about my stressful situation then I prefer she goes away and leaves me alone. Sometimes that is necessary but if there is never a time I feel she is an asset to be near when I am stressed then that becomes an indication it's time to move on.

...fffssstttcchhh..... the beer can opening....

j/k.... really kidding....

I thin a smile, a pat on the back and a little quiet alone time.. all depending or just understanding and allowing some temporary grumbling about things...

We all have our moments... but understanding that each and everyone of us is human and no one is 100% always getting it right is a good first step.... just trust and love the one your with... acknowledging is good too without comparing or belittling or solving... just an ear is always good...

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

The truth is, we just want to know that you care what were feeling, and that you still love us.

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

First "men" in general does not refer to the majority of the unmarriageable males that frequent this site. To say that it does is insulting to men.

When my sweetie's had a bad day, I offer to give him a massage, dinner that I ordered out (or something that we both like that I can actually cook) and, of course, his choice of sex position / act. ;)

Most of the time it's not what you say, it's what you do. Give him a hug, a kiss, and let him know you care. Acknowledge that you understand he is having a tough day, and ask if there is anything you can do to help. Then be quiet. He may, or may not want to talk about it. Just knowing you are in his corner is enough.

- Response by patton, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Medical / Dental

Lol - I would have to say.....

SILENCE!!!!

Just shut the eff up...give the man a good 2 hours of "me" time where he don't have to speak to another human being or make another decision.

I think when anyone (man or woman) is having a bad day, all they need is someone to listen and be understanding.

That's the best thing you can do for anyone .. just be there when they need to "vent" and make them know you care!!

My man says, food, silence and sex.

- Response by withhim, Female, 36-45

silence

Aside from the really obvious one (sex):

A backrub while we watch the tv show of my choosing, then maybe some snuggling.

Fixing me something to eat, even if it's just Ramen.

- Response by howjm, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Managerial

Well I don't know about all men, but my husband likes a good meal and the t.v. remote, and time to himself, when he's having a bad day.

- Response by 1junebug, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

Nothing. Just back off and let me have some space. I'll talk about it when I'm ready -- if it's that important.

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

Yeah, the previous responses pretty much summed it up. When a man's had a bad day, he wants food, sex, and silence.

Come to think of it, that's also what he wants when he's had a GOOD day, lol!

- Response by rokitman, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

i can't really say what i would want to hear. but i do know that i definitly DO NOT want to hear about her problems at that moment.

- Response by guy5432, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

well that cool mom has the right idea................... ...He wants to hear you say should I invite my hot friend over so we can uh... Cheer you up

D,Yer want a beer.?