Do I deserve better, or to be alone?
Dating / 2:40 AM - Tuesday May 11, 2010

Do I deserve better, or to be alone?

I broke up with my girlfriend/fiance of 2 years a week and a half ago. The reasons why are she kept needing to rely on her ex-husband or her father for financial help instead of trying to do things on our own. Her 3 kids who are great but didnt respect me very much got on my nerves. I would do things like, make up poems for her before she went to work, or after she got home from work with candles and our song playing in the bedroom, and all she would say is thanks. She always went around 8-8:30 every night almost without saying good night or I love you every night. She would blame me for things that she was doing. Shes cheated on me for reasons like money or stuff like that. If things between us got shaky, she would just say "then leave". So, I still love her, because I know her and her qualities, but we dont work well together. I took care of her left and right, I was ALWAYS by her side whenever she was sick, or when she was feeling down or whatever, and I never got anything in return. I dont want to brag, but I know how to treat a woman, and I am a romantic guy whos creative with poems and flowers and candles and music, and we have never been intimate whenever I did those things. Do I deserve someone who appreciates that stuff? Do girls like that stuff? Please be honest and sincere.

- Asked by worriedonesi, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 26-28

You know the answer to this....you deserve someone who appreciates what you do. Don't settle for less. Yes, there are women out there that can't fully appreciate a nice man, but there are women that do,, and you need to find her.

- Response by lk2mvit, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

yes of course some girls do , perhaps not all though.
Take time for yourself.
Your girl friend sounds like my neighbor.
She likes to be taken care of.
She was bragging to her girl Friend how she got her new boyfriend to pay some of her bills (few hundred dollars worth)
she is not really into him as much as what he has to offer.
That is about her not him.
It sounds like she is just is trying to do life.
She may need space to find her own ground also.
She was married and now she is with you.

I have no idea what you DESERVE. I don't know you. But if she wasn't meeting your needs, then you're wise to end things with her and look for someone who can give you what you want.

- Response by mikehug, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Cleveland

Breaking up with her was the best thing you could have done!! Yes, you deserve someone better and yes, there a lot of girls who like the romantic stuff, me being one of them. It will probably take a while to get over her but she doesn't love you. It sounds like she has a lot of growing up to do...

- Response by dolphingirl44, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Veterinary

Just one final question. Why did husband dump her.?D