Do Italian men generally expect sex early on in a relationship?
Sex & Intimacy / 6:17 PM - Monday May 10, 2010

I've just started dating an Italian guy, with whom I have an intense sexual attraction. I am a strong believer in the power of holding out for at least a month, but I am really struggling with him - I literally want to mount him whenever I see him! He tries to bed me every time we meet. I was just wondering if this is a cultural thing. Do Italian men expect sex to be an important part of a relationship from the get go? Sex is extremely important to me, but I would rather be 100% sure he's not only in it for that. It's very difficult to tell with someone who doesn't speak English as their first language!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 29-35, New York

You are getting played.

When I was 18 - 25 I dated a lot of guys who were from Italy and spoke broken english (or so I thought).

The first guy was always pushing it sexually until I'd nearly cry, and then he was all "I sorry, I no realize". He was the first guy I slept with before a full month, after just two weeks he had me naked on his couch having sex. And then after about two months he was behind me one night and I felt him push against my but. I said no stop and he said "yeah, you like?" and before I could do anything I was having anal for the first time.

A few weeks later I broke up with him and told him that I couldn't deal with the language barrier. He just smiled and nodded his head and reached under my skirt. Two hours later I was getting dressed and trying to explain to him what breaking up meant, did he understand because he didn't seem to care. He then smiled and in perfect english he told me what a stupid slut I was, that he didn't care because although I had a fucking incredible body he was tired of it and my ass just wan't as tight as it once had been.

I'd like to say I learned from that, but I went through a series of Italian men who used me in much the same manner. How come my bestfriend found the one good Italian immigrant I found all the ones looking for a hot body to play with?

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Boston, Who Cares?

You need to cut out the racial shit dear.

What you have here is an asshole douchebag horndog, using his "lack of english" to fuck every woman who will lay down for him.

It's not an "italian" thing dear.

It's a playa playa thing. And baby, it's working like HELL on you right?

You know once he fucks you he's gone right? All he ever wanted out of you is what's between your legs, and don't get it twisted. He understands english better than you do. NO is NO is NO in english AND Italian.

If you told him NO? NO SEX? GET OFF ME YOU JERK? Instead of letting him put his hands down your pants all the time?

He'd be gone. You tell him no on the one hand, but let him paw all over you on the other hand. You're a classic example of "your lips say no no no, but your EYES say yes yes yes!!!" So he keeps trying.

Why would we restrict this question to Italian men? The answer, in general, is YES.

- Response by secret999, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Executive

we are, all of us, italian.

I think that's just a man trying to get into your pants.

I know a few Italian men and they all want to get into my pants just for a quickie (yet I'm not that attractive), but my Italian girl friend and her bf waited a while before the hit the sheets.

- Response by alex86, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28

I don't think it has anything to do with a certain race...as most men love to have sex as so many women do to.

- Response by honeywillowsback, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Edmonton

all men do

I dated a Sicilian American and we did a lot of making out and then petting toward the end, but I never had sex with him although he was pressuring me (not obnoxiously or anything). He ended up dating this other woman in my town who put out really fast and I ended up back with my old boyfriend. The times we were physical, were also really nice.

One day he came over and told me how he was sick of her, trashed her up and down (including saying it was like f'ing a robot in bed), and compared me to her: "It's like apples and oranges, but you would be the orange, because you are spicy, and so sweet, and juicy". He told me that I was a good woman, he said that very seriously and with reverence. Anyhow, what I took away from this was that not-sleeping with him right off proved something to him and now he worshipped me and thought really well of me. If I ever date an Italian again I am going to keep this in mind. I never wanted to see him again after he stopped by that night, because trashing other women like that makes me sick. But at least I learned something.