Why real beautiful women end up with ugly guys?
Dating / 2:06 AM - Monday May 10, 2010

Why do extremely gorgeous women (simply, the REAL hot ones - the sheer definition of GORGEOUS) end up marrying or dating ugly guys? Case in point, the french bombshell melissa theuriau (google her and husband); the guy this beauty married has a messed up right hand due to accident and he is not even good looking. Anyway, am just wondering why? There has to be a reason beyond skin-deep for the real hotties to go after below average looking guy...so, if it is not the guy's looks, what is it then that attract them (to an ugly/below average guy)?

- Asked by bugdoctor32, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

There's more to a man (or woman) than what they look like. If I had to choose between a homely guy who treated me like a queen or a "hottie" who was merely with me until something better comes along, the less "pretty" guy will win 10/10 times.

- Response by myround3, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Because those men treat them like Queens. Handsome men love themselves more than anyone else possibly could.

Less handsome men treat pretty women they way they wish to be treated. They KNOW they are lucky to have them and are not afraid to show them how they feel. They just play the game more smartly than the average guy.

Pretty girls are no different that other women. They too, do not want to be afraid that their guy will run off with the next best offer. The combination works perfectly. Both are usually very happy.

It does happen. The guy has to have an outstanding personality, of wonderful character, and makes her feel "secure."

Just because she is a "hottie," or a long-stemmed beauty, or belongs in a beauty pageant, can also breed a lot of self-doubt; besides her "body," she may be very intelligent, talented in other areas and all she can find are guys that ogle her and want to grab her breasts or her tush.

She finds a man who is totally into HER...not her breasts, her tush or her bottom. He's into her likes, dislikes, her intellectuality...and they enjoy the same things...where others are not. His personality may be just the kind women dream about even if it's a crippled hand or he looks like a frog.

It happens more than you think.
Let me tell you, this happens more than you think.

There is more to a man than his looks.A smart woman will know this.You look at what's in thier heart.

$$$$$$$$$$$$!

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

You need to look into their heart's... You will find something Atonishing. And Great

- Response by darkflyer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

I knew a very handsome guy who was wed to a very plain woman but oh boy,was she in possession of a wonderful personality

not every guy is tom cruse

- Response by pantyman12, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Edmonton

What matters is how we are treated, and some guys have got it and some don't.

- Response by allie112, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Because unlike men our attraction is mostly based on what they got going on inside. Its kind of funny how it works when in the beginning you aren't attracted to a man but once you really find out who he is, he starts to look like the sexiest man alive. Which can change just as quickly and they can become ugly again haha.

- Response by ashmcawesome, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

At the end of a day, what a woman really wants is a guy who honestly loves her, is truly commited and capable of making her feel loved, and secure

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Melbourne

Not to make generalizations, but Some of the biggest jerks I've ever known were good looking guys. They treat women terrible...It's sad and pathetic. What's ALWAYS more important is how someone treats you than just how someone looks.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Denver, Medical / Dental

My opinion would be because you can't have 2 big egos in the relationship. In my experience the "hot" guys walk around like their shit don't stink which is a turn off even to beautiful women. So going for the average joe they get the meaningful part of the relationship not just a contest for who is hotter lol.....I see hot guys with not so hot girls, and I know for a fact it's because those particular girls offer more than just looks.....you have to have substanance in a relationship for it to work

- Response by lk2mvit, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Because they treat us like ladies at all times. They are not so self absorbed that they cant compromise on a issue. They also think of other besides themselves.

- Response by thicallover, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, New York, Administrative

SIMPLE some women like funny, nice, outgoing guys. who cares what they look like???

I've seen many gorgeous hot beauties with ugly men. But, I've never seen many gorgeous hot beauties with ugly men who were not rich and/or famous. Especially, when it comes to the rich and famous. Because, many of these women would never have given these ugly dudes the time of day, before they were rich and famous. And, the guys know it. Which is why most want to make sure they are rich and famous.

Because, they know this is their only chance in hell of getting the attention of women like this. Unfortunately, they usually end up getting took for their money in the end. First, comes the kids, the cheating spouse, the woman's fame, and then comes the divorce. It happens all of the time. So, this doesn't surprise me at all when I see it. I will say that it is possible that they are not superficial or the guy might just have that loving personality they fall in love with. But, those are the exceptions, not the rule.

Have you heard of the expression "Ugly sex is good!!" guess what, it is so true. I had a boyfriend who was average, cute. He was such a great guy and was into me as who I was a person not my looks. To me that was a great relationship. I really liked the fact that yes I caught his eye but I liked the fact that he saw who I was from the inside. I am myself with people. But I loved the fact that he loved me for me and that is the ultimate goal when a guy sees you for who you are. Many people were like really you are with him. But when they all got to know him, they saw a great guy he was.

- Response by womanv, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

Sometimes the more average guys have more confidence. They have earned it by working hard toward real life achievements and goals. It shows and it is VERY attractive. Note, I said confidence, not arrogance.

- Response by socialbutterflye, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45, Financial / Banking

Looks aren't the main thing for me.I'm more about what's going on inside.

- Response by francesca85, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Teaching

Some women know what they're worth and they know that any woman is luck to get any man. Men are worth more than women and the women who are worth anything at all know this and take the man who offers them a relationship.

- Response by poorgomer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, New York

Hey, Real beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!! He maybe the most drop dead gorgeous guy in looks but if he has no sparkling personality, then, as my father would have said, he's ''dead duck!'' lol!!

- Response by heatherjune123, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, London, Who Cares?

Not to sound conceited but I've been told many times I'm beautiful....I don't think I am and am embarrassed but my guys are never gorgeous guys. What attracts me is their masculinity, their intelligence, their kindness, sense of humor, etc At first they may not seem attractive, but as you get to know someone, you get past their looks. Looks don't last, its what's inside that matters.

- Response by sweetybirdrt, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

Maybe that's because guys who look "ugly" on the outside are "handsome" on the inside.

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

It's called MONEY!

- Response by sentient6, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

I don't really know, but thank God they do. I think my wife is stunning, what she is doing with me I'll never understand.

- Response by stormbrow, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Ottawa, Who Cares?

Because they want to be the only ones to be able to walk away from the relationship if things are not going right and because other people want them. They can't mess with me on that because they would know women are always waiting in the wings so if they f**k up, I'm gone just like that. And they can't deal with that.

- Response by guitarplayer2010, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

money, personality, and security. in that order.

- Response by thecorrectanswer, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Toronto

You'd be surprised what a guys attitude and personality can do for him. I've seen guys who were in no way attractive by society's standards, but dated beautiful girls. A guy can be unattractive, yet still have a high level of sex appeal.

- Response by anonymouspersona, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Miami, Student

Often I think this can be attributed to money, fame, or power. In my case, chalk it up to charm and intellect heh heh heh.

- Response by doctorphil, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Celebrity

The answer to this is really very simple. They are not superficial and they are looking for a mate that will love who they are as a person not how they look. Therefore they are going deeper and the connection between the two people is deeper then looks. Dating someone based solely on their looks is really shallow and if you are looking for a mate that shouldn't be the only factor that draws you to a person.

He was born in a wealthy family and he is a famous and successful actor and comedian in France. Give him my job and bank account and even with his great personality his current wife wouldn't stop to give him the time of day.

A woman (beautiful or otherwise) would rather have her man be emotionally supportive of her over ANY other 'quality' that he will offer.

Uuaully, the hotter the man, the less available he is to her emotionally.

With a man who is less attractive physically, she will feel secure (which is also highly important) and her attraction for him will build on how involved he is with her.

It is actually quite as simple as trust. =-)

- Response by cutypy5840, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Because there is more to a person than what they look like! it's nice to hear that hot women can look passed someone's looks and love a man for who he is! plus women are sick and tired of dating shallow jerks that they go for the guy who treats them right!

- Response by ebm3, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

If you can captivate a woman's mind...you can win her heart!

- Response by 1pghpafemale, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Artist / Musician / Writer

I would 1st like to say that Beauty fades and personality doesn't. A woman wants to be loved, and adored. Not just another flavor of the week. Most really good looking guys I meet are usually; shallow, stupid or both. So I man initially am attracted as soon as they open their mouth their attractiveness drops significantly. There are a few good looking guys out there that are nice, sweet, and smart but they are usually gay, taken or married. I am just saying that you need to look deeper into someones soul for who they are as a person. Because if you were blind the only think you would know is who they are not what they look like!!!

- Response by ashleelee, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

There is way more to a person than looks. As Judge Judy says "Beauty fades, but stupid is forever." For me and all my friends, it is much more about the personality and how the other person treats you than what they look like. I'm not saying that looks don't matter, because looks do matter but I just base it more off of personality than anything else.

- Response by medaglia, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Fashion

Because they worship the ground we walk on...life is very sweet with them.

My guess is that "ugly" men have personalities. Hunks are usually too full of themselves and bordering on gay.

- Response by hnimsoc, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Edmonton, Retired

I guess it would have to be money, but I certainly wouldn't want a drop dead gorgeous guy, just one that respects me and loves me. Hence my husband. Most would say I am way outta his league. In school, his friends were the ones with the beautiful women now they're all married to overweight let yourself go women. My husband is proud that I don't fit that mold. I worki hard to be where I am but I wouldn't trade him for the world. However, first time love second time money momma didn't raise no fool.

- Response by bearly47, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Because men are shallow! I was thinking that the other day. I never see a beautiful man with an unattractive woman. I usually see beautiful couples or a beautiful woman with an ugly man! It makes me mad...

- Response by allyirls, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Fashion

Hell, the guy could look like...King Kong, but, but, but, if he treats me with respect, kindness, caring, love, as I return my love to him...
I did deeper than the superficial outside shell, give me a guy worthy of my royal self!!!

Because.

The hot guys appreciate themselves.

The not-so hot guys appreciate you. As time goes on, the value you even more. When a woman gets to know a man better and she realizes they're FOR each other, he becomes more and more attractive. That's the way it works.

- Response by mlcoast2, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25

There is hope for me yet>????????

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

It all comes down to how the man treats the woman. I've known cases where a pretty girl ends up with an average/ugly guy, and he ends up being a big time jerk. I have also known very attractive men who any girl would be luck to have them in their lives. It really depends on the guy.

- Response by noralee1980, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Teaching

here is my exp/perspective...i am a very handsome man and im aware of this...but i also have a killer wit, natural charm, and little boy sensivities to the outside world around me!
IF i put all that out there w/arrogant vanity...it attracts women...
IF i put all that out there w/sincere humble modesty...it attracts MORE women...im f**ked either way...lol

- Response by daddyj29, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Houston, Artist / Musician / Writer

My take on the ignominious question is two-fold, first perhaps since "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" we may never accurate receive a satisfactory answer from the naysayers, especially since most "beautiful, attractive, sexy" or whatever euphemisms may be deemed appropriate is taken from the context of the present day society and culture involved. Second - if purely from a philosophical or perhaps psychological point of view, Most beautiful people (either men or women), do tend to veer towards that which resides in familiarity. For the most part, and this is just my opinion based on conjecture, Apparently most individuals wind up with another purely based on one's comfort-levels and or the fact the other individual, reminds one of someone very close or dear to that individual and in feeling they way they did with that person, they subconsciously without realizing, have created a sort of relationship based on transference of their early feelings for that individual in the past....Kind of philosophical, but it makes sense if you think about it...
Just the other day, I was in a nightclub purely for listening to the entertainment, Now I consider myself a fairly attractive male. Many have often confused me for either Antonio Banderas, George Clooney or even Steven Segal...You you get the picture...Now I am just listening to the music. and in walks in this absolutely gorgeous Dark long haired female, with the most exquisite set of eyes one can imagine, All I can say she was reminiscent of a young Elizabeth Taylor...So I casually went to her for a dance. Well she turned me down...Now mind you I have just described myself...I also consider myself fairly intelligent and am in the health profession ( but I refuse to let women know that because of the way the people are); well about a half-hour later, Another male approaches her and forgive me for saying, But Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" looks far more fairer than this male individual...So my dismay, she accepts his proposal for a dance. How utterly insulting...SO I left the place and went home...wondering whether it was I with the problem or her? So I sat down and prayed for God's Guidance....and went to sleep....

- Response by nursepractitioner, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Tampa, Medical / Dental

Because men who are way good looking are a draaaaaaaaaaaag!

- Response by jezmebaby, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Self-Employed