Feeling the Presence of Someone and They Are No Where Near You (Physically)...
Friendship / 6:47 PM - Sunday May 09, 2010

I have a friend and they are not near me physically, and the weirdest thing happened yesterday, it was almost like I could feel their presence all day and the feeling was really strong. I was wondering has anyone ever felt the presence of a loved one (NOT DEAD). If so what does that mean? Does it possibly mean that they are thinking of you really heavy so therefore you are feeling their presence? Does it mean they miss you? Anyone have any insights on that. SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY! Remember we are talking about people that are close to you and alive people, not dead. Thanks.

- Asked by A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Well I heard of something like this they are trying to reach you... One women told the guy that was doing this was doing this with his mind or some kind of book and he have sex with her with her... She feel all hot and stuff like that... Feel like a man is touching her but the man isn't there and she is alone... Some one is using there mind to get to you..

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Milwaukee, Food Service

They might of been spying on you physcic power are there want you for there girlfriend is it a guy or girl?

oh yes, that can happen when usually theres a reason for this thought to turn into presance but it's so cool.
i heard of a girl and a father that lived in different states.
he was close to ending his life and his daughter could feel his pain so much she was speaking to him out loud and ended up with him in the same spot for a moment long enough for him to give her his dog tags. the phone rang and it was him asking, were you just here? was that real?
and yes it was and it saved his life.
wow, you have a gift. :)

- Response by allie112, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

It's called "Mental Telepathy." Same thing as when you are thinking about someone and the phone rings...and it's the one you were thinking about.

You caught their "essence."

In my opinion & my personal experience - this is a fact of life. There is no ONE canned meaning for what the experience means. You must discover or assign the meaning (or meanings). One thing(think) is VERY certain - there is a strong spiritual, emotional connection and reality you have with this person. Was he/she milssing you? - an excellent guess. Perhaps you will ask or find out soon. Were YOU missing her/him? Perhaps you could say "No - I was not missing this loved one, I was ENJOYING the KNOWING of this loved one!" You could also say "I was missing the physical kowing of this loved one." - I personally believe that many, many times "it is as good for you as it is for her/him" - that is, feelings are shared and thus doubly enJoying. Bottom line: your first guess "they(more precisely: he or she) was quite possiblly STRONGLy feeling,thinking of you" - ask when you can.

and finally: YES, this experience is real to me - very real from recurring times - many times - that I have felt shared spirit, shared knowing, shared feeling, shared presence with dear friends. - Sometimes I have actually confirmed that the timing was mutual. sometimes it was not. HOWEVER - the self, spirit -YOU (we -as spiritual awareness intelligences) are NOT fixed in place and time - we can perceive in many ways across distance and time.

"Sometimes, listening within we may hear a knock!
and looking find it is something asking to be said, asking to be spoken, asking to be heard.
sometimes when we answer to the knock within it is a SILENCE asking to be admitted." from "The LoveBook - Theme and Variations

- Response by lovebookauthor, A Creative, Male, 66 or older, Self-Employed

I have. With my mom. Growing up my mom would think about calling me home from a long day playing outside, for some reason in a distance I know she is so as soon as she is walking out the front door, I am walking home. We do it all the time. another thing happened to me when the bombing of Madrid Spain occurred in 2004. I woke up at 2 am. ( I used to live in Spain) So I was weirded out that I knew something was wrong. So I woke up at 10 am turn on the tv and saw the aftermath of the trains that were bombed. Terrorits attack I tried to call in Spain, but could go through. Till this day I am still wondering if I knew someone get hurt or die. So you have the instinct which is a blessing. Most people loose it when they become adults because children are very connected that way. So Don't loose that and strengthen it.

- Response by womanv, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

The power of the mind is very intense and largely untapped. Remember we only use up to 10%, however, I believe that some people can use more than that. I am very intuitive, and often know other people's feelings before they say anything, and even if we are not physically together. I have a best friend, and often times when I really need him, I think of him and I can actually feel him near me, and usually a short time after this he will call, text, or show up. Saying that he just "felt" like he should come visit/call etc.. And this has happened many many times. So I would say yes, this is possible!
Also in times of great sadness, I can feel this same friend placing a hand on my shoulder, or giving me a hug, and he is not here! It is more than wishful thinking, it is as real as when he is physically here.
I don't know what it means exactly, but I know that there is definitely a connection, and the feelings ARE shared between the 2 people that feel them. I would say that when you feel this way, give your friend a call, or a text, and you will probably find that they were thinking of you as well!

I stumbled across this site for the same reasons, searching for answers of how & why, I feel the presence of my ex. Hes living but I know when hes there I can feel him, I feel him watching me when I'm sleeping. At one point I was going thru a really bad time and was very upset and I could feel him touch my shoulder a tingling sensation trying to comfort me like everything will be ok. I feel his presence or energy around me and its very strong,There's alot of other things that he does too. But What is it called. Ive never had this happen, I feel crazy even putting this out there, Idk Im hoping maybe someone could give me a little more insight on this.. thanks