How do you get off facebook? Sometimes I feel like I am on it too much and why am I on it?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1:17 AM - Sunday May 09, 2010

6 months ago I started a memebership with facebook and ever since I know I have been spending too much time on it. I moved my laptop to another room just to get away from the temptation. What is the deal with FB?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Sacramento, Home Maker

I have no idea. I'm not on it, and I don't want to be on it. I keep getting invitations from people, and I keep telling them I have no desire to even check it out. I already stay in contact with people I *want* to stay in contact with, and I don't care to get "friend requests" from high-school acquaintances who treated me like shit 35 years ago, and now want to pretend we're long-lost buddies.

Now...ask me about being addicted to Answerology. THAT I can relate to!

I deleted my account. I started thinking the way you are, about wasting too much time on there, then it started to irritate me, and then somebody pointed out the security risks on there.

It's been three months, and I'm still glad I did it!

- Response by francesca85, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Teaching

You should watch South Park.

They have a recent episode about this.

I have a FACEBOOK account... I rarely use it, and then...
I'm on it almost every day. I hear you, It's just THERE... now.

I think it is kind of like this site.You are socializing with people and never haveing to leave the house.

- Response by roanna, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

Internet Addiction... it happens to everybody.

- Response by darkflyer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Before people write off FB as being the one and only source of entertainment that isolates people from the real world. They should consider TV has been doing that for decades, and it is never mentioned.

FB and the Internet in general has done more for connecting people and making life easier and more efficient for the masses, than anything you could possibly mention.

Like the TV. If you feel you are wasting your time, just switch it off. But 238,000,000 TV viewers don't, same with FB 400,000,000 users.

...:)

Wow, you are addicted.

- Response by sleeksasy06, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I think it's the different games that are there. I joined not long ago only to keep in touch with friends who are hardly on AO and they are hooked on those games.

That place freaks me out.

- Response by jezmebaby, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Self-Employed