Don't have the money or insurance to get my teeth fixed.
Diet & Health / 1:13 AM - Sunday May 09, 2010

My question is how can I get bridges for my teeth with out paying too much I have no insurance and I can't afford to pay the high price of fixing them, I am feeling very self contious of my teeth. I have to hide my smile and I am so uncomfortable all the time.

i'm in the same boat, but i've been told if you contact the dental association in your state, they let their trainees work on you for a very low amount. you can look it up online quicker. good luck. we all need to be complaining to our state representatives too.

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

We have many dental clinics here where I live (And, I know they are the same in every city) that will do ANY dental work and allow you to make payments that you can afford.

I checked into it for my niece, who is desperately in need of so many procedures. They will do bridges, extractions, fillings, crowns, even implants.

They advertise especially targeting folks with bad credit or no credit at all. Since the clinic itself is who does the financing, the payments are lower and the interest is too. Lower than the finance companies that are offered at many HIGH END dentist offices.

Right now you just want to save your teeth. This is the route I would take if money was an issue.

And, while the dental schools are training and learning while they work, the clinics have experienced dentists with some history and knowledge.

Even with bargain prices, having to pay for an entire procedure at a dental school, could be more money than you have to pay.

Most of the dental clinics that offer the financing say so, in their ads both in the phone book and online. Find one and then call them to get information about how easy it would be to get your work done.

Find out if there is a dental school near you--sometimes they are able to help uninsured people with dental work and appliances.

- Response by cakelady, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Denver, Food Service

Well... a cute one! anyway... and he's got money.
He wouldn't wish HIS gal to have a bad smile... HE'S A DENTIST!

Look at dental schools in your area. They usually provide care for less than the average from qualified upper class students under very precise supervision. A few of my employees swear by this method so Good Luck!

- Response by sexytony617, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Consulting

i was in the same situation I had to have most of mine pulled

You would have to get either a bridge which is ideal or a partial denture, I don't know about prices but nothing is really cheap in dentistry and if it is cheap then you should ask yourself if it is good work.

- Response by jenniferbean07, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28

Good Luck

- Response by sleeksasy06, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Try a google search of your area.

- Response by heatherjune123, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, London, Who Cares?