My beloved wife is plagued with "Fibromyalgia", sex has become a chore and practically non-existent
Sex & Intimacy / 1:21 AM - Saturday May 01, 2010

I don't want a divorce. Should I ask her for permission to get sex from someone else? I have gone for months and months without any, and I am worried about being addicted to masturbation. What do I do?

- Asked by megadisk, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

You love her and keep her..support her with her health and find other ways to pleasure each other.."Sex" as you called it or a beloved wife to enjoy life with..Your choice! I can see you have a lot to think about..sincere best wishes..Smile!

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching

Um, maybe you can get help for her fibromyalgia?

I have fibro. I have sex, too. I use yoga and anti-inflammatory aids like fish oil to deal with it. The pain is MUCH better if you can force yourself to do yoga exercises for maybe forty minutes every morning. At first it seems like you CAN'T do it, but then you do it and it gets better.

I suggest you get her on a regimen and your sex life and her quality of life will improve.

Get her involved in your activities... Or just figure things out together... That is a bad syntom.

- Response by darkflyer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Making love to your wife, is an expression of love. When you get married that is what you are pledging to do for the rest of your life... make love out of love WITH YOUR WIFE.

Now that she is sick, you do not magically have the excuse to go out with strangers and share that intimate part of yourself, that is intended for sharing only with your wife.

Sex is supposed to be more than the release of a pressure valve. If you truly feel the need to ejaculate is stronger than the love for you wife, you should ask her for a divorce, and then go out and spread your seed.

When you say: For better or worse, this is what they are talking about. What if the malady had been YOURS? Would you have your wife finding a replacement for YOU? Do you think she would even be thinking like that?

Your Wife can be treated for this as I was mid last year after many years then a operation and the best decision and the best I have ever felt.So have wife look in to having the operation.
As for sex both of u cab stikk have a loving relationship and a sex life. U both need to work this and explore together to find what works for u both.

No don't ask her that - don't be a fool.

Masterbation is okay -- don't feel so guilty about it... its all you have until she improves.

Good luck.

- Response by skycop, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Consulting

Hey, all us guys are adicted to masturbation. We started out at around 12 or 13 years old and have never stoped, LOL.If you asker that, you'll only be adding to her pain by making het think that you don't love her because og her condistion. You know you don't want her to feel that. Can she matuerbate you or maybe play with herself as youdo yourself?? There has to be an answer there some where. You didn't fall in love and marry her JUST because of sex did you?? Of course you didn't. It's corrny but for better or worse, remember those words??? You said them a long time ago and should stand by them.

- Response by gar9101, A Career Man, Male, 66 or older, Retired

I would talk to her about it, and tell her you love her and you do not want a divorce and you want to work through this, but you just want to work out a solution with her that she is okay with. I personally would be very hurt if you slept with someone else if we were married and I was suffering from fibromyalgia....I have several family members with it, and I know it can be hard....has she tried any medications? (only problem w the medications is that they have a side effect to gain weight...)

GL,...and I would love to chat more about this..

- Response by christinfusion22, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

- Response by chocolatehusband, An Engaged Guy, Male, 36-45, Atlanta