Why is my ex wanting to hang out if she has a boyfriend?
Dating / 2:47 AM - Thursday April 29, 2010

So I deployed to Iraq and our last night together I had a fight with my girlfriend (we never fought before) and we broke up once I got in Iraq. She said we probably wouldn't have broken up had I not deployed but it was too late, she didn't want me back.

We kept talking periodically but I got over her and stopped talking to her all together. Then she sends me an email saying she has a new boyfriend but she wanted to meet me for coffee to catch up when I come home, which is soon.

What is she trying to do with me? She has a new boyfriend why does she want to see me? I don't think ex's should be friends but she thinks otherwise aparently.

- Asked by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Sacramento

the same thing happened to be with my ex-bf and now we r back,Lol,definately she still has a lot of feelings for you and she always wants to be close to u,i think her new bf is just a rebound ;)

- Response by babeeeeeeeeeeee, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Fashion

because theres still feelings there and she wants to see if youve moved on before she makes a move and ends up feeling stupid if she's wrong

- Response by melissabubble14, A Sportif, Female, 22-25, Edmonton, Medical / Dental

She still has feelings for you.... Stay away she wants her cake and to
eat it too she's scandless

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Why can't she just miss your company? If you shared a lot of time together she might just want to see you. If you don't think exes should be friends then tell her so.

- Response by jadeiris, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Managerial

Either she's still pining for you -or- she wants to rub her new relationship in your face. My guess is she wants to get back together.

- Response by 1junebug, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

Hey, she loves you the most probably ! I dont know why did you break up that night, but she could have done it out of inner sadness that you leave. believe me some girls are like that and when they feel hurted they hurt others unconsciously ( or more consciously(. This new boyfriend may be there but it can be also a kind of think made up in order to make you feel still uncertain.. I dont know you situation but I wish you best.. I also believe that its hard to be friends with an ex, b ut maybe this time try for once and see.... all the best !

- Response by elizaafterthought01, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28