Why does my leg go numb all the time? Not sure what to do anymore...
Diet & Health / 6:17 PM - Wednesday April 28, 2010

So I have some back issues, but for a long the side of my left leg goes numb from my hip to my knee and it happens whenever I lay down, on my stomach or my back and when I sit in certain positions. I have gone to physical therapy for other things and have mentioned that my leg goes numb so they have massaged my glute and added exercises to help alleviate the pain/numbness... but nothing has helped.

It is getting worse and its like its wrapping around to the front side of my leg. I don't know what else to do anymore... I wake up in the middle of the night and my leg is completely numb and I notice these little red veins popping up which are not on the other leg, the aching in my lower back and hip is really starting to bother me too.

Does anyone have any ideas of home remedies that might help? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Administrative

I thought someone like 60 wrote this, then I saw your age...holy cripes go to the DR!! You have nerve, disc or some serious problem here. If it were me that is what I would do, also I would wash down 2 sleeping pills with a beer so I would not be woken up with that pain!

wow..this is wierd..i have the exact same thing..which is great because you and i both know how hard it is to explain the way it feels to somebody, most ppl think your talking about numbness like its asleep, but we know its a little more then that.i have everything you just said right down to the veins,also when ur legs numb... does your skin rise up a little where its numb like how a bruse would rise, just not the color of the brisei also only get them when im lying down in certian positions and also sometimes when i am standing. i have seen one dr. whos told me its probably my siacatic nerve but we both know it feels a little more serious then that.. its been in my right leg for about a year, and my left leg for about 4 months. please stay in contact, so hopefully we can figure this out. best of luck

- Response by maktay, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35

I think i have the same problem. My right leg goes numb while sleeping too,but i feel numbness only on my skin of my right leg,which means i can move my leg. It happens in the time of the day too, i dont know what is the reason, and im worried because i think the numbness has started to become more wide. Im 25 years,
when i was 18 yrs old i had an injury in that area, maybe i had injuried any nerve or something,but im not sure, and dont know what to do to stop this.
If anybody knows something for this condition, any adivice or somthing that might help, please write it here. thank you :)

- Response by vittoria995, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35