Is it a good idea to ask him what his intentions are?
Dating / 3:06 PM - Sunday April 25, 2010

is it a good idea to ask him what his intentions are?

I'm pretty sure the problem with us is that he is waiting for me to show interest in him before he actually gets serious about me, and i am waiting for him to get serious about liking me before I start liking him. He's been wanting to see me a lot lately and he hints that he wants to be more than friends. But that's with his words and not his actions. Right now I don't like him, because I was taught to never like a guy until you know he likes you for sure and for the right reasons. Since he is so wishy-washy I feel like even being friends with him(what we're supposed to be now) is a waste of time and I want to just tell him to leave me alone because he'll call me and we'll talk and he'll tell me he'll call me back but he doesn't.

Or we'll be texting and he'll randomly stop texting me back. And I'm left to wonder what's going on and I could most definitely do without that. I just feel like avoiding him would be childish, but I'm sick of playing games. So should I asking him what he's looking for with me or just forget him-- erase his number, and tell him not to contact me again?

If you have concerns with him and want to find out if this relationship is one that you want to continue, then talk to him and tell him everything you told us here...the ONLY way to truly get what you want is to ask for it and if he's not willing/able to make the relationship you want, then he might not be the guy you want/need in your life...:)

If the guy's waiting for you to show interest in him, what's he waiting for you to show interest in him REGARDING?

If he hints he wants to be more than platonic friends with you, for what REASON he has not explained? Indeed, what is it about YOU that turns him on so?

And what is it about him that's got YOU so all agog?

The answer to all those questions that have no answer is therefore your answer. You are absolutely right in your upbringing of never liking a guy until you know he likes you for sure and for the right reasons. But the mistake you have made in your question is that there is no NEED of you asking what his intentions are with you, because he has none--which is why even his text messages degrade to telephone tag.

You are thusly being played by a young man NOT even knowing know why he's in the game. FORGET HIM YESTERDAY!

- Response by thedaimler2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, 56-65, Atlanta, Self-Employed