Why is he hiding me?
Dating / 9:21 PM - Saturday April 24, 2010

Why is he hiding me?

He can make time to meet his friends at a bar or lounge but he can make time to meet me at a bar or lounge? He won't introduce me to his friends or co-workers and it has been a long time since we have been seeing each other. He makes excuses why he can't commit because he is struggling financially which is bogus. He never wants to make plans or go out and do fun things together. We are nothing but our each others personal drug. It is a toxic relationship. We are lovers but not in a committed relationship. I badly want to end things and stay broken up. We have been going through this cycle hundreds of times! Why is he hiding me!?

- Asked by allyirls, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Fashion

Why don't you just focus on the, "I badly want to end things and stay broken up" part? It really isn't about him. It's about why are you accepting this type of behavior towards you? He isn't hiding you. He is excluding you because you don't mean enough to him. You two are f*ck buddies or fwb, nothing more; nothing less. He'll always have excuses for why he's being this way. Because, you keep asking for them.

You have to realize the truth that you're experiencing and just move on. There are other men that will want you to be a part of their lives. It doesn't have to be every single part. But, the majority should be open to you. Don't hold out hope that anything will ever change. He's probably seeing other women and inviting them, where he's not inviting you. If you want more, you think you deserve more; don't keep settling for less. It is well within your power to stop this treatment right now, just leave this dude alone.

I think he is hiding you from another female in his life. Just tell him you are tired of back seats and back streets, and mean it! Think enough of yourself to get a guy that will want to be with you everywhere.

- Response by nowornever, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Financial / Banking

Sounds FWB at best...

He HAS a girlfriend, it Ain't You! You're his FWB. End it. Mean it. Stay away from him!

U said it there hun he wont COMMIT. All these excuses under the sun will come out. U need to realise that your relationship with this guy is just FWB and thats it and how he wants it to be. He does whatever he wants to do an allow all the doors to be open for whatever other options come by.. U not happy how it is, Cut the ties and move on and find a relationship that u seek and the new man be proud to show u off and introduce u to all .. Goodluck

He is hiding you because you allow him to.You continue to stay with him while he treats you this way. He isn't serious about you and doesn't want others to know that he is seeing you. He doesn't really care about you at all. Most likely you are being used. If he cared about you, he would be taking you out, and introducing to others. People in his life would have met you and you would be included in his life. Remember, he can only treat you the way you allow him to

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

There is something that is going on with him and if he's not willing to meet you or introduce you to his friends or co-workers, it's probably because there is a part of his life that he doesn't want to share with anyone and that part includes you...for whatever reason, he seems to be 'hiding' you from others because he probably has another girlfriend, who they all know, and instead of coming clean and being honest with you, he's keeping you in the dark...maybe you need to stop allowing him to treat you this way and stand up for yourself because if you truly care about yourself, you wouldn't allow this to continue...you deserve better and should find better because NO ONE should be 'ashamed' to introduce someone they care about to family or friends, in fact, if I were in love with someone and wanted my friends/family to meet them, I would do it right away...you need to end this relationship or demand that he start treating you like you deserve and stop 'hiding' you...:)

Such a beautiful lady, I would be taking you out on the town showing your hot ass off and making the guys wish they were me going home with a hot women like yourself, get rid of him, dump his dumb ass there's guys out there like me willing to show his girl off to the world. He's probably with someone else trying to figure out how to get rid of her because he's having the same problem he had with you just like he'll have with all of the women he'll ever encounter,

- Response by flyinghawaiian56, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Transportation