My bf told me I remind him of his mom....
Dating / 12:11 PM - Friday April 23, 2010

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but he seems to think that our relationship is similar to that of his mom and dad's. He's a bit of a bad boy and I am super tolerant of a lot of stuff he does (that's just how I am, everyone has their vices so who am I to judge). He's kind of scared of "corrupting" me (LMFAO!!!) and that's kind of how his dad was. Bad boy who picked a good girl type thing.

haha so, y'all think this is good or bad?

fanny.

- Asked by fanny500, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

were you wearing that red outfit in your pic's.... if so i bet his mom was very popular with all the boys when he was growing up.....

- Response by coco, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45, Charlotte, Technical

Honestly?

I think that's bad.

Because his behavior may be "cute" now, but eventually it will get old. And when you call him out, ya know what he's gonna say?

'You knew I was like this from the get-go'.

Then the tug of war will ensue until one of you stops tugging.

It could be good in the essence that his Mother is the primary female role model in his life & many men are drawn women with similar characteristics. Also if he has had a good family life growing up & wanting a similar family of his own. The bad thing about it could be where he is modeling your relationship into the one his parents have. It can be fine as long as he doesn't expect your role to be the same as her's. You are an individual who may or may not agree with all the choices his Mother makes about what she is willing to tolerate/ forgive from his Father's "bad" behavior. So as long as he doesn't assume the right to make any of the mistakes his Father has & get away with it because of his perception of you there is nothing wrong with it.

When most men marry, they pick a woman similar to their mothers so it's a good thing.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

as long as he's not thinking of her when he's bending you over the couch...it's all good.

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

That's good and bad. Good because he must really love his Mom and would like someone like her .... Bad because sometimes this might mean he was a bit of a Momma's boy. He might be needing more "mothering" than you really want to get involved in.

- Response by mrscleaver16, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65

.....as long as you two weren't having sex when he said it, then it's probably OK.

- Response by nameacarl, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed