Just met a 46 year old single man, never married with no children...
Dating / 8:36 PM - Wednesday April 21, 2010

I don't want to stereotype him, but he really does seem pretty normal. He said he just never met the right person, not because of a lack of effort, and just continued to have fun in life. I would think there would be very few like him out there with no baggage... should I keep an eye out for something?

Yes, I would keep a eye out. But, if you eventually don't see anything. WOW! I'll take him. LOL

- Response by catstr, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, New Orleans, Managerial

He sounds like my cosmic twin....keep him around and give him a chance.

I married a 38 year old never married man. The only issue I had was that he did have "his way" in the house set up (fridge, cupboards, linens etc) beyond that he was a good man...

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

If it's too good to be true. It is. I would say if he admitted to some short comings he'd be normal. But not admitting to anything? Please post on here what darkness you uncover. I'm sure it's beyond scary. Sorry. But someone who doesn't take a chance in love by that age??? Hmmm.

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

Then don't stereotype him. No, don't look out for anything but how he's treating you, and how you feel while getting to know him. Why worry about problems that don't even exist? Just enjoy him, and allow him to enjoy you. Just because someone isn't married or have children doesn't make them someone to "watch" out for.

Snaffle him up and hang on to him.LOL Friendship is always a good start and can lead in any direction in time..
There are quiet a few ppl in this age group who dont have kids or baggage u will be surprised. Some want to settle down early others dont.
He said he has ben s having fun in life and has not met the right women and obviously was not ready to settle down . dosnt mean he is a player.. He been doing his thing good on him .
Sure keep an eye out and build a friendship. Goodluck..

Hey, I'm the same way-- tell me what sort of red flags men like us should have.
What I keep hearing is, "Why isn't a Nice Guy like you married?"
I've met the *right person* lots of times, but the feeling was never reciprocated. What does that say about them?
It's gotten to where the women who should have been right for me years ago, utterly fail to interest me today.

You should always keep your eyes open. He's a new person in your life and you should be open to getting know him. Don't sterotype him just yet. I would have asked him in addition to why he isn't single- I would want to know how long his last relationship was and why did it end. I would take it slow and get to know him and see where it goes. Keep me posted and good luck.

Find out if he lives with his mother - seriously!

- Response by js0629, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55