Will a guy initiate contact more if a girl does not?
Dating / 1:36 PM - Saturday April 17, 2010

I have decided to back down to initiating contact with a guy that im dating. He does call or text, but I always have to ask to meet him. He does meet but cant always as he is very busy with personal family things. Is this the right thing to do?

"Busy with very personal family things" is code for he's just not that into you. Either that, or he's secretly married or dating someone else. Guys go for what they want, and if he isn't going for you, it's his way of showing you he's only lukewarm about you - if even that. Good luck to you, but I'd move on. You'll never have security as long as you're seeing this guy because as long as you're initiating the contact, you can never be sure if he's as into the relationship as you are. Stop contacting him and find someone else.

- Response by bellajayde1, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, San Jose, Who Cares?

I would back down too. If he really wants to see you, he'll call. You certainly don't want to have to call him all the time.

He could have another girlfriend or maybe he's just not good about calling. Let him make the next move.

some guys just don't know how to plan, that don't mean anything I know I'm one of them

- Response by tytbo, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Indianapolis, Who Cares?

The girls that I date that I like a lot never have to initiate anything. Unless he is a super-shy person he probably isn't really into you, or he has a girlfriend.

- Response by jaygfla, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Managerial

Yes back down and see what happensGet busy too,with your favourite things ,things and friends you really love.Dont sit waiting for him.If he wants to see you he will ask you.
See other men too,it will do you good.