When a man says he's sorry
Dating / 11:03 AM - Saturday April 17, 2010

When a man says he's sorry

Ladies --

When your man apologizes for something he did wrong, do you always want it to be accompanied by an explanation (excuse)?

- Asked by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

Not always.......sometimes a simple "I'm sorry" is enough.......especially if his intentions were good and it just ended badly....

Hell.......there are plenty of times I say that I'm sorry and have no explanation to offer up....... :/

- Response by zibet58, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Teaching

No. I want it to be accompanied by him not continuing to do the same damn thing! This would indicate the apology was sincere and he felt remorse about what he did. If we're going to have a discussion about why something happened, let's have that. But, when apologizing you don't come up with, "a but" or some lame excuse, especially if it indirectly blames you. A sincere apology is taking responsibility for what you've done.

You allow the other person to apologize for their part. But, never have a but or huge explanation or excuse. Because, it invalidates the sincerity of the apology. When you apologize and never do that same thing again, it shows you know how much the initial behavior hurt the other person, and that you sincerely don't want to cause that hurt again.

if he want's sex again he better tell me why he did it

That's tough... because, I never know why she even got mad!

Offering an explanation helps me understand why he did what he did and facilitates forgiveness, improves communication and builds trust. Also, it shows me he is sincere in his apology as opposed to saying the words simply to appease me.

- Response by nicolefl85, A Sportif, Female, 29-35

No .. I'm really not interested in why ... I just want him to apologize and then actually not do it again.