Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Home

Active Questions

Is there a way you can make your period stop safely or make the blood flow not come so quickly???
Sex & Intimacy / 12:53 AM - Saturday April 17, 2010

Is there a way you can make your period stop safely or make the blood flow not come so quickly???

I just got my period. good news because I'm not pregnant and my body is functioning like its supposed 2. but I am pissed becase I wanted 2 get lucky this weekend. I heard of having sex while on your period, but me and my guy are kinda in a new relationship and I think he'll be grossed out. I heard that certain kinds of birth control make you have less periods, but I don't take any. I just want 2 know can you do something 2 make your period slow down or stop 4 a while??? I just started so I didn't get really any flow yet, just spotting. I just really don't want 2 be on my period at all this week. ugh!!!

- Asked by myeshatree91, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Chicago, Student

Read more about the Rating System

OOOH, How I freaking WISH there was a way. I always seem to get mine around the WORSE possible times. haha. But, I don't think there is anything you can do, besides have sex while you're on it. Sometimes, it feels better to do that... believe it or not, not every guy is grossed out by that. I understand not wanting to ask, but if he were to want some, you'd have to tell him. How would you feel if he said that he didn't care?

- Response by fortminor123, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

Rating Received:

Okay. Just gotta say: you're happy because you aren't pregnant, but you don't want to take birth control, PLEASE tell me you are at least using condoms.

That said... you can skip your period when on the pill. I hear that hot baths make it come faster, but I don't know of any way to slow it. So, either you two rabbits take a weekend off, or your bf earns his red wings.

Have fun.

- Response by undecidedfuture1, A Creative, Female, 36-45

Rating Received:

Community Rating: Community Star

You can slow your flow long enough to have sex by douching. Buy any douching product and leave it in the fridge overnight to get chilled or place in the freezer for 20 minutes. About ten minutes before you plan to have sex, use it as directed and it will stop the flow for about an hour or so. My next suggestion would be to get on a birth control pill like Seasonique and then you'll only have to deal with having four periods a year.

- Response by houseworkmakesyaugly, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

Rating Received:

This weekend is not meant to be rooting each other u are just meant to hangout and get to know each other. U can still have fun but NO sex.. Dont. Be a lady and respect yourself. Dont try to stop it or rush it either Not a good idea. During your menstral time this week go to Dr and get U on the pill. U start it at end of this period cycle and will be protected by the time your next cycle starts allow 21-28 days read instructions. Go get on the pill . Its time to be mature and safe for futher sexual encounters and unwanted pregnancies..

- Response by berri, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, New South Wales, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

Please stop grossing me out! Ask some of your girl friends.
I only answer questions, when I feel I could be of some help,
To you or anyone who is serious. I will always try to give an
answer, if I think I know anything about the subject. I know
nothing about womens periods other than I know my wife used
to have them. I was'nt around when she did! lol

Please refrain from asking questions that I may be not be able to answer. Thanks


- Response by don07, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Las Vegas, Self-Employed

Rating Received:

If you can figure that out, you'd make a gazillion on the market.

- Response by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

Rating Received:

See your doctor. There is a birth control pill out that will stop you from having your periods completely.

- Response by hnimsoc, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Celebrity

Rating Received: