Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Home

Active Questions

Is there a way 2 get rid of genital boils fast???
Sex & Intimacy / 1:55 AM - Wednesday April 14, 2010

Is there a way 2 get rid of genital boils fast???

I been havin boils on my vagina 4 the longest and it's very irritating becuz I have a fear that when I have sex my guy might think I have an std or something.I don't have an std so if you are goin 2 even say that I have 1 or that I need 2 get tested please do not say anything.I know this for sure becuz I always used protection and I had this problem way before I even started having sex which was this year.I tried tumeric,I drunk it and it made me sick and I made a paste with it and it really didn't help out it stained my undies though.I tried calamine lotion,peroxide,alcohol ,hot water,and even tried 2 drain it myself but I still get them.I know it probly came from shaving so I stopped doing that and just tried 2 let it grow out but I trim it ever so often.I just want 2 know is there a way 2 get rid of these boils fast like make them dry up or just drain easily???

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Chicago, Student

Read more about the Rating System

You should really see your Dr. You could be experiencing a form of folliculitis. Which would be infected hair follicles. The groin is a common area for this, especially if you shave around there. They also have the tendency to recur or can occur as one or more. They are generally caused by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus in most cases. Your Dr. should be able to give you something to help you.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Rating Received:

Yes the other has got it right, you need to see a doctor. It could be a bacterial infection that keeps coming back. Having a treatment of antibiotics and maybe some antiseptic cream wil help you to get over it quickly and painlessly. Just one thing - if the doctor says to use the cream for 10 day, use it all ten days even if the boils stopped otherwise they will just come back in a week or two.

My wife gets this every two years or so and after a weeks penicillin she is back to good. It is just residual bacteria that everyone has that is on your skin. A small cut or abrassion - usually from shaving or chaffing by clothes - will then infect the skin. If your immune system is just a little off it could quickly get out of control resulting in boils such as these. The infection then can linger in the tissues and any clogged pore or hair follicle will inflame.

If it is really bad they may need to drain the boil first by either using a needle or making a small cut with a scalpel. Again it should not be painful. They should then take a swab to check which bacteria and which anitbiotic to use. Good luck and hopefully it will be sorted out soon. If you leave it it will probably not resolve itself quickly, you need to see a doctor.

- Response by boomslang, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Pretoria, Consulting

Rating Received:

Community Rating: Community Star

There is a web site called "WebMd" go there. It's an easy site
and answers all types of medical question by trained Doctors.
Also, the site is free. You can type in, and you can read about
treatments, medcations etc. Good Luck.

Thanks for asking,


- Response by don07, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Las Vegas, Self-Employed

Rating Received:

Go to the doctor... This could be a lot of things and you are risking your sexual health and that of any partner's and potentially your life...

Probably Bartholin's Gland abscesses, which will cause long term issues if not cleared...

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

Rating Received:

So, you say not to accuse you of having an STD. OK. Have you been to a doctor, WHEN you have one of these BOILS, and had the doctor diagnose exactly what it is?

It would only make sense to me, to go to a medical professional and have him diagnose my problem and prescribe a treatment for me. Whether it is medication or a laser procedure, or something else entirely, WE cannot help you when we cannot see it.

I can tell you that this is not normal. And, it will not be remedied by something simple or over the counter, if that is what you are looking for.

You need to go to a medical professional WHILE THE BOIL IS ACTIVE. They can only test it, when it is there. And, they can only diagnose when they actually have a visual exam of the BOIL in question.

Saying you use protection is not a smart answer. There is no 100% protection FOR ANYTHING OUT THERE.

- Response by randyl, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Technical

Rating Received:

My suggestion would be to visit your obgyn and have him look at them and determine what the best course of treatment would be. Obviously trying to treat yourself with over the counter remedies is not working!

- Response by kdtxchic30, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

herpes?? get tested. condoms don't protect against herpes. you can get herpes from a cold sore. then touch your self when you wipe and get it.

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Rating Received: