Is it true that single men over 30 cannot be trusted?
Dating / 8:35 PM - Tuesday April 13, 2010

Hi everyone,
I hope you can answer my question.
I've been dating older men for a while now as I'm not usually attracted to men my age. The men I date are usually 8-18yrs older than myself (And no, I don't have daddy issues) I just prefer older men.

Thing is, my family and friends insist that single men over 30 who never got married cannot be trusted and only want "a young thing to play with". They say that if I want to get married, I must date a man in my age group.
Is this generally true?

- Asked by redblue4u, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Montreal

Not always, I mean some very young men also just want "a thing to play with". Sometimes age is not really an issue but you have to be wise with whom you choose as a serious boyfriend. You can get married to a guy who is a couple of years older than you but he has to be honest about his intentions and should do the same. Men at any age can be mature or just really stupid. So don't always limit yourself with age. You might find a really great guy who is your age or even younger. I always dated younger men and their awesome too!

- Response by nymphetaminegirl08, A Player, Female, 26-28, Montreal

No. You can't stereotype like that. If you were 17, I'd be suspicious of a 30-year-old wanting to date you, but you're 22-25.

There are all kinds of men out there - of any age. Some are trustworthy, some are not. It depends on the individual guy.

Nah -I'm dating a 35 y/old and he treats me really well.

There are some 30+ y/olds that are bad news though -one still stalks me & posts my number in chatrooms and God knows where else...he seriously needs his ass kicked by a mob of rabid poodles.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

I'm well over 30 and you can trust me.. My wife does..

- Response by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired

That's correct, you should only date 62 year old married men. They can be trusted. OH wait! I know one, call me. heeeheee. Shhh, my wife just got home from bingo. Besides, you have to come here, I don't have a passport so if I go to Canada, they will not let me come back.

- Response by phoenixbandit, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Columbus, Law Enforcement

It is generally the way it happens. An older guy, never married, playing around with the young chicks is trying to salvage his youth... and has probably never grown up. Hopes for this to change are generally useless.

What is true is that there are exceptions to every rule! What is also true is that those who love you most, may be trying hard to keep life from biting you on the ass by giving you facts hammered into shape to bolster their argument.

This is where experience and wisdom come into effect. It is where you get to exercise your thinking powers and figure it out for yourself! It is the part of the game where you play your only blue chip... win or lose. So you wanna be sure your bet is well placed. rek

well i can't say that it is true for every man but.. there is logic to the whole thing someone had to have snagged that fish when it was younger and threw it back. In my field since i an in human behaviour...i would say that men over say 35 are single still for a reason. or they are married and dating you...though to say that it is true in every case would not be valid but there is an argument for causation

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Student