Elderly people need a push cart that looks snazzy, not an old folk's walker. A buggy from the '60's?
Diet & Health / 5:56 PM - Sunday April 11, 2010

A hip surgery, and I need to walk, but at 78, I am fearful I could fall.
My vanity doesn't allow me to use a walker, but I would push something interesting looking if it was carrying something. Have you ever seen or heard of anything. Imagine someone designing one. Boy would they sell!

- Asked by Female, 66 or older

http://www.activewalker .com.au/pages/default.c fm?page_id=33121

These come in bright colors, are totally functional (made to go over curbs, with hanging baskets, etc.) and they even have attachments so people who need walkers can go over snow!

=oD

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Denver, Science / Engineering

Well....you could always get the walker and dazzle it up.

Paint it fun colours and/or bedazzle it.

I understand the need to get up and walk around but being worried about falling. My grandma went through the same thing but I've got to tell you, safety is so much more important than not wanting to use an old-looking walker.

Just update the walker and be safe AND mobile :)

Good luck! Be safe!

- Response by bermudababy, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Student

Some of the most wonderful and innovative creations came from someone who had a need and decided to fulfill it, then market it.

If you feel this way, imagine how many other older people feel the same. Is there someone in your family that you could approach to help in conceiving and executing your idea? I am willing to bet, if you think about it, you probably have many folks that would love to be a part of your project.

- Response by zibet58, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Teaching

phoenixbandit turns 102 tomorrow, and is confined to a platinum and mink wheelchair. why don't you drop him a line and see if you can dress up in a sexy nurses outfit and push him around the prison yard? they might even allow conjugal visits! lol

That is such a great idea.I have had 3 back surgeries and at times I've had to lean up against a shopping cart.So that is why I think you have a fantastic idea.

- Response by montylyn, Female, 56-65