I sweat a lot and I'm wondering what kind of make up would be good for me.
Diet & Health, Style & Beauty / 6:02 PM - Friday April 09, 2010

Hi

I sweat a lot, even when the temperature isn't bad and I'm not being too physical, it's just genetic. But because of this I've never really worn much make up. I'm wondering what make ups have good staying power.

Thank you.

I have oily skin, warm blooded kind of girl AND i live in FLORIDA!

I use a tinted moisturizer by MAC and then use a clear powder over that for oily skin. I live in FL and it is getting HOT already. The tinted Moisturizer offers light coverage so its still natural and not a mask on the face. Another benefit of the light coverage is that you can fluctuate with your skin tone/ color a lil in case u get a lil sun.

I used the bare minerals line for a while, but i found it irritated my skin a little when ever i would become "warm" ... you know, that light sweat. And i do NOT have sensitive skin.

My best advise would be to stop by a Sophora store and have a make-up artist apply the foundation on you FOR FREE so you can try it for a day. If it works, buy it. You can do the same at MAC too, any Macy's location will have a MAC counter.

- Response by audbal82, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Tampa, Science / Engineering

I would encourage you to try Bare Essentials or Bare Minerals or other brands along those lines. I think you will have better results than with a liquid foundation and make up.

Got to the make up counter at your local department stores. These ladies are more than willing to show you their products and do a free make over for you.

Would you consider being natural?

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

I use MAC Mineralize Satinfinish liquid foundation which applies like water and gives my skin a really nice, healthy glow. In my experience, any liquid foundation is a really good foundation to any make up and will keep with you through a little sweat.

A good way to bump up the volume is by a good liquid eyeliner and mascara, which depending how you apply it can last forever and does wonders to the eyes. :)

My suggestion would be to go to a make up counter (my preference is MAC) and get a really good foundation, and then you can probably skimp on the costs by getting some generic shadows and lips. I would recommend getting a really good liner though.

- Response by hanalways, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Seattle, Student

Seconding utahmom.
Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals is amazing. I'm not a huge makeup fan myself, only really applying it out of boredom or for special dates, but their foundation works great and is -natural-. Considering it's not exactly easy for me to get it here, I've recently switched to Mineral Wear. Just as good, I think. :) I haven't had problems with either.

- Response by frankemix, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student